the Rift

[OPEN] had a dream i was awake [rowan]

Rowan Posts: 76
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: 3 Years 4 Months
Brit

Since being named the godmother to the child resting still unborn in her heart-sister's belly, Rowan had devoted all her time to the little fae. At first she had been secretly fearful that her strange ways with emotions would keep her from being the godmother she desperately wanted to be, but when she had first set eyes on Skysong's frail newborn form, her heart had pulsed and for the first time in years, Rowan had felt emotion well inside her chest. Sohalia and Skysong were the only two within her heart who held her love, and she had never felt closer to any other beings. Skysong was growing ever larger and more independent with every day, and Rowan knew with a quiet understanding of which she spoke to no other that the babe was growing tired of Sohalia and Note's overbearing protectiveness. Rowan had developed a protectiveness of her as well, but she knew better than to stifle her. As a filly, she had been a reckless, hot-headed devil that was always wandering off. It had taught her many things. What would happen if Skysong did not get out, see the world? Would she rebel even more than a normal child? So Rowan had allowed the sweet cherub free reign whenever Sohalia left her in the care of the brilliant woman.

Here she came, bounding across the sand with long limbs that would make her an elegant mare when she blossomed into adulthood. Bright dual painted eyes found her own calm dark oceanic gaze, and a warm loving smile curved her chocolate lips. Skysong had brightened her world like sunshine, and Rowan would kill anyone who would dare to try and blot out her little ray of cuteness. Beauty had kissed her, and Rowan adored her more than anything else in the world. So when the sweet doll came to her side as she often did on mornings such as these, Rowan turned her head and bent her neck down to brush her dark muzzle lovingly over Skysong's forelock. Brushing the touch down the bridge of her face to her muzzle, Rowan laughed softly at her question. The happy go lucky fae still could not quite pronounce her r's, but Rowan was not looking forward to the day when she would be called by her name and not the loving title of Auntie. "No, my child. It slowly ends, and turns into forests of green, rolling hills with dotted flowers of every color imaginable. There are oceans and rivers, swamps and snowy lands. The desert is a mighty thing, but even it cannot go on forever."

The patient lass weaved her words in a way that would hopefully sound enticing, wishing to paint the images in her mind simply through the syllables. Humming softly to herself, she began walking, knowing the curious little girl would follow her. Curled blonde mane curved attractively over her shoulder as she tilted her crown to keep her eyes on Skysong, visage soft and loving. Parental, almost. "If you would like, I can take you to the border today and show you the meadows and rivers I speak of? Would you like that, little one?" Had Sohalia taken Skysong out of the borders yet? Rowan didn't intend to take her out of sight of the patrols, just enough to show her the edges of Thistle Meadow and the Heart. Skysong would be safe at her side, and Rowan was a stubborn soul that would not let Sohalia keep Skysong from growing and exploring. She loved her sister dearly, and knew the pain of losing her other child drove her to keep Skysong under lock and key. But Rowan would fight her every step of the way, because she loved Sky and she loved Soh too. If her sister could not see that Sky was starting to grow unhappy, Rowan would sneak her darling goddaughter away as often as possible in order to take the blame for her adventuring.

Rowan had never loved someone else as much as she loved her goddaughter.

::ooc- amg Rayo you have just given me her muse back, I love you.

Messages In This Thread
had a dream i was awake [rowan] - by Skysong - 04-18-2013, 01:11 PM
RE: had a dream i was awake [rowan] - by Rowan - 04-26-2013, 01:06 AM
RE: had a dream i was awake [rowan] - by Skysong - 04-26-2013, 12:10 PM
RE: had a dream i was awake [rowan] - by Rowan - 04-26-2013, 09:30 PM
RE: had a dream i was awake [rowan] - by Skysong - 05-01-2013, 06:02 PM