the Rift

[OPEN] had a dream i was awake [rowan]

Rowan Posts: 76
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: 3 Years 4 Months
Brit

Though she had not come from her loins, and it was possibly wrong to think of her in such a way, Skysong was as beloved as if she had been Rowan's own child. Often she called her 'my child' and 'my darling', because Rowan had never been so devoted to someone so precious before. The youth was like a sponge, soaking up information and dying for more. Rowan always ceded, and likely always would. After all, she was still a Scholar at heart, and to her knowledge was one of the most important things to a person. Who was she to deny her? So Skysong often was allowed to pester and question her Auntie to her hearts delight without a single complaint. More often than not, it was Row who went to go find her goddaughter for a day of play and patient teachings. And why should she feel strange for that? Rowan enjoyed her company as much as she hoped Skysong enjoyed hers.

Maternal touch quieted her hyper niece, and Rowan smiled indulgently down at her. Her excitement and youthful nature was infectious, and Rowan still felt that tell-tale warmth in her heart when the hyper doll paid rapt attention to her words. Of course, the little one had to declare that she had already seen the ocean, and Rowan merely laughed along with her pushy tone. It bothered her not at all, and she tugged gently upon her niece's growing mane lovingly. "Oh dear, I must have missed this discovery! My little Sky is growing up so fast," she sighed dramatically, a glint of teasing in her eyes as she spoke. Though she was already fearing the day the sweet lass would become a mature woman, and only hoped she could prepare her as much as possible in that time. Sometimes she selfishly wished she had been Skysong's mother, but Sohalia was her sister in all but blood, and she would never do that to the mare who had been broken in many ways by the death of Skysong's twin. Said angel was grinning, and the light in her eyes was evident after Rowan's eloquent explanations, showing that the doll would bring up no objection to traveling with her before she even spoke.

Once it sank in, the pretty half-face of a babe began to squeal with delight and race about with energy Rowan envied despite her own young age. Laughing and smiling at the display, she waited until her niece had come to a stop before she spoke once more. The pleading, big dichromatic eyes only helped to cement her decision that had come long before. Laughing she leaned closer and lipped at one of her ears playfully. "Of course, my little Sky. Come along, we have a bit of walking to do before we reach the borders. That is where the desert ends, and where our herdland ends as well. When you pass them, you are no longer part of the safety of the Sun God and our warriors. Do not be discouraged, should you ever want to explore, all you must do is ask me understand?" A promise was woven into her deep sapphire eyes, a silent vow to Skysong that should she ask to adventure, Rowan would be there to protect and guide her.

Walking briskly across familiar crimson sand, she beckoned Skysong with a flick of her tail and an encouraging smile over her shoulder. With the excitement Sky had displayed, Rowan didn't doubt she would come bounding to her side immediately. With her own short, small frame, Rowan would likely have a similar stride to Skysong's. Oh, how terrible it would be if her pretty little Sky ended up taller than her! Rowan would lament her smallness forever should her adorable niece sprout up above her reach. As they walked, Rowan decided she could explain a little more. It seemed she always had questions, and yet Rowan always gave her information she did not know without her asking. "The land of Helovia is vast, and beautiful. Where I intend to take you is known as one of the most beautiful places in Helovia, and the most peaceful. There will be colors you've never seen, and it won't be nearly as hot as the Throat. In the Frostbreath Steppe, there is a substance that crushes easily underfoot and yet is colder than even the ocean. The substance is made of tiny flakes, and yet it is a powerful element known as snow and ice." Perhaps she blathered a bit sometimes, but until Rowan could show Skysong these things herself, she would keep her entertained during their journey with tales of places Rowan would take her. They weren't far from the borders, and already she could see the misshapen beginnings of the wall Kri had ordered to be built. Quickly the chocolate maiden swept her gaze over it, checking for Sohalia and sighing internally with relief when she was found to be absent. Already the air was slowly turning cooler, the sand hardening underhoof. Smiling sideways at Skysong, Rowan couldn't help but be just as excited, if only to see how Skysong would react to these new discoveries.

Messages In This Thread
had a dream i was awake [rowan] - by Skysong - 04-18-2013, 01:11 PM
RE: had a dream i was awake [rowan] - by Rowan - 04-26-2013, 01:06 AM
RE: had a dream i was awake [rowan] - by Skysong - 04-26-2013, 12:10 PM
RE: had a dream i was awake [rowan] - by Rowan - 04-26-2013, 09:30 PM
RE: had a dream i was awake [rowan] - by Skysong - 05-01-2013, 06:02 PM