the Rift

[PRIVATE] For Better or For Worse [Aylin]

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow
It had been a long time since Apollo's wanderings had stolen him away from the Grey, but this time, it seemed that it couldn't be helped. While he was surrounded by family in the Foothills and content with his title and occupation as Earth Medic, something still felt... Missing. His time spent away from Phaedra had eased the pain in his chest, but that didn't mean he loved her any less. A part of him always would, the Paint realized, but it got easier over time. After all, wasn't time the best healer when it came to things like this?

Step after step Apollo wandered farther from the safety of the Foothills, his soft, honeyed orbs taking in the sights and smells of the trees around him. While it hadn't been terribly long since he had last stepped foot in these thick, archaic trees, it had been long enough for the stallion to almost feel like a stranger in these very woods. The Deep Forest was the same that he remembered; dark mountainous shapes surrounded by dancing, twisting shadows, yet it was so very different. No longer did the familiar scents of his Grey-familly members thrive there, and the crimson and orange hues of the trees changed the appearance of the dark green tint he remembered... But this was very much the same forest that he had lived in since arriving in Helovia last Frostfall.

"I'm back," he murmured to no one in particular, looking at each tree as if they were his friends, for they were. They knew his most intimate of thoughts, for it was they who he had spilled his troubles upon during his sleepless nights. Nature, Apollo had come to realize since making Helovia his home, was his friend. While a dangerous and somewhat unpredictable thing, nature is what respected him the most, and in turn, he respected it. "I've missed you all."

With each step that Apollo took, the worry and stress from his life began to slide away from his mind and body like water. With each step that passed, confidence filled Apollo's frame until he was walking with his head held high, joy filling his normally melancholic eyes. The blue beads that were woven into his mane clicked together with each knee-high step he took, a trait that wasn't natural for his breed but necessary to those who once lived in these woods. After all, it could be the death of an equine to trip on the roots of this forest and break their leg.

Through the trees he went, set at a leisurely pace, his head poised high, nostrils flaring as he intook the familiar smells of the forest, a smile upturning his lips. It was a good day, the stallion came to realize. A good day to venture from his home and reminisce on how far he had come since his first day in Helovia. What a coward he had been back then... Afraid to even sleep in these woods that he now considered his friends! My, how things changed...

Pausing at a stream that trickled through the maze of trees, Apollo paused in his steps, lowering his head in an elegant way to take a deep drink of the water at his toes. It was cool and crips, surely flowing downwards from the mountains above the Foothills... Lips finally pulled away after a refreshing drink. taking a moment to admire his surroundings. It was a good day indeed.

For better or for worse, Apollo would embrace this life he had been granted. The life that he had been given by not only the Grey, but the Gods as well.

[ooc: This post is... Meh. Not my best. :3 For Ali-bear! <3]

Credits

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Messages In This Thread
For Better or For Worse [Aylin] - by Apollo - 04-18-2013, 09:41 PM
RE: For Better or For Worse [Aylin] - by Aylin - 04-19-2013, 09:49 PM
RE: For Better or For Worse [Aylin] - by Apollo - 04-21-2013, 01:56 AM
RE: For Better or For Worse [Aylin] - by Aylin - 04-21-2013, 12:41 PM
RE: For Better or For Worse [Aylin] - by Apollo - 04-21-2013, 01:16 PM
RE: For Better or For Worse [Aylin] - by Aylin - 04-23-2013, 08:00 PM
RE: For Better or For Worse [Aylin] - by Apollo - 04-26-2013, 08:52 PM