the Rift

[PRIVATE] For Better or For Worse [Aylin]

Aylin Posts: 89
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.0 :: 3
ali
On rare occasions mother would tell me stories about her home in Isilme. She spoke of tall trees that sheltered her from the sun and made it hard for anyone to come in and take over her home. She also told me about a close friend of her's, Roanne, that she had lost touch with when she and father had to evacuate their home. Mother has always been one to tell the truth when asked, so I know about the souls of the dead that came back and attacked. I know about all the ones that died trying to save others and the ones that died trying to escape. Knowing that I can't go back to see where my parents are from just forces me to use my imagination.

I imagine that her home looked something like this. The trees here are massive and despite the dark shadows they cast they make me feel safe yet at the same time a sense of sadness weighs heavily on my heart. It's probably because this place makes me think of my mother and how much I miss her, but I know she and father and my youngest sister are better off away from Helovia. They are safer, more secure, happier. I just wish they could be safe and secure and happy here with me. I wish they hadn't left me to care for Aswane on my own and search for my twin who abandoned our young sister while I was gone.

I'm too young to have this much responsibility. To have this much guilt weighing on my heart. Too young to be consumed by so much sadness and have to hide it behind a half-hearted smile.

My ears prick at the sound of a voice and curiosity drives me onward where I find a black and white stallion talking to the trees, I assume. "Hello." I say to him before pausing. My dark hide is dappled by the light that manages to shine through the trees, so I know he can easily spot me. I'm not one to stick to the shadows, anyway. "Who are you talking to?"

Messages In This Thread
For Better or For Worse [Aylin] - by Apollo - 04-18-2013, 09:41 PM
RE: For Better or For Worse [Aylin] - by Aylin - 04-19-2013, 09:49 PM
RE: For Better or For Worse [Aylin] - by Apollo - 04-21-2013, 01:56 AM
RE: For Better or For Worse [Aylin] - by Aylin - 04-21-2013, 12:41 PM
RE: For Better or For Worse [Aylin] - by Apollo - 04-21-2013, 01:16 PM
RE: For Better or For Worse [Aylin] - by Aylin - 04-23-2013, 08:00 PM
RE: For Better or For Worse [Aylin] - by Apollo - 04-26-2013, 08:52 PM
RE: For Better or For Worse [Aylin] - by Apollo - 05-11-2013, 06:37 AM
RE: For Better or For Worse [Aylin] - by Aylin - 05-15-2013, 05:58 PM