the Rift

[PRIVATE] For Better or For Worse [Aylin]

Aylin Posts: 89
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.0 :: 3
ali
aylin</style>
at night when the stars light up my sky I sit by myself talking to the moon</style>

"Yes." I answer wistfully when he seems to ask if I understand what he means when he says that he can feel the trees. Its the same feeling I get whenever I speak to the moon. That she's listening but too busy to pay me much mind. I just keep talking to her regardless of her lack of appearance. Sometimes I suspect that I bother her, but I have no one else to speak with. My brother is missing, my sister is really too young to understand everything that troubles me, and my parents have left Helovia permanently to raise my other sister in an environment that was more welcoming. A majority of the guilt that troubles me, though, is the fact that I'm more upset that Tallis is no longer with me. I miss my mother's dragon fiercely and even though I wasn't bonded with him I still feel as if a part of myself is missing.

There is no surprise when Apollo says that he is not from the same land as my mother. There are actually very few that I've met that have been there or had been born there. The ones that know of Isilme often find it a touchy subject and so I avoid it a lot of the time. I tilt my ears forward again when Apollo steps toward me and mentions me mother. He has no idea how amazing my mother is, he really doesn't. I find myself trying to live up to her and I just flounder helplessly in her shadow. "She is." I finally say. "She's so gentle, but she can be so firm in her beliefs of what is right." It was a long time ago but I still remember when my mother protected me from a stallion she had known from Isilme. How angry he had been that I was a unicorn when she was not. How she sacrificed her friendship with him for love and for her family.

Tears suddenly sting my eyes and I blink fiercely to drive them away then focus, again, on Apollo and his question on what brought me here. "I'm not entirely sure." I answer half truthfully as I raise my head to look at the treetops. "The Edge has forest, but it's nothing like the forest my mother always talked about. I guess maybe I just wanted to see something that resembled it a little. It makes me feel a little closer to her, understand where she lived when she was my age." I think she would have been happy had she stayed in Helovia and chosen to reside in this forest. "She led a herd in Isilme that called a forest home." But that wasn't the only reason I came here. I wanted an escape. I wanted to get away from all the happy families that lived in the Edge when mine is broken and scattered across the globe.

Messages In This Thread
For Better or For Worse [Aylin] - by Apollo - 04-18-2013, 09:41 PM
RE: For Better or For Worse [Aylin] - by Aylin - 04-19-2013, 09:49 PM
RE: For Better or For Worse [Aylin] - by Apollo - 04-21-2013, 01:56 AM
RE: For Better or For Worse [Aylin] - by Aylin - 04-21-2013, 12:41 PM
RE: For Better or For Worse [Aylin] - by Apollo - 04-21-2013, 01:16 PM
RE: For Better or For Worse [Aylin] - by Aylin - 04-23-2013, 08:00 PM
RE: For Better or For Worse [Aylin] - by Apollo - 04-26-2013, 08:52 PM
RE: For Better or For Worse [Aylin] - by Apollo - 05-11-2013, 06:37 AM
RE: For Better or For Worse [Aylin] - by Aylin - 05-15-2013, 05:58 PM