the Rift

[PRIVATE] For Better or For Worse [Aylin]

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow
Apollo listened with keen ears as Aylin spoke of her mother, this divine creature who also spoke to trees, and was capable of listening to what they told her... It was amazing. While he thought this woman to be quite the individual, it seemed as though Aylin thought the world of her. The ivory mane'd female's voice changed while speaking, Apollo noted, and it was that very revelation that caused the Earth Medic to realize that she must miss her mother terribly. What separated them, he wondered? There didn't seem to be a lingering sadness to hint that it had been death, so perhaps this revered mother was still alive... But, still.

Taking another step forward, muzzle outstretched slightly to breathe in this mare's scent, Apollo gave a brief nod of his head. He listened, like he often did, as she spoke. Gentle, honeyed eyes lingered upon Aylin's ebony frame, a sad look crossing his features. Something about her seemed bothered, almost melancholic... Was there any way he could help that? Was there something he could say to make it better, even a little bit? Despite the fact that they were still strangers and knew nearly nothing about one another, Apollo felt the need to help. Perhaps it was his job as a medic, after all... Helping others is what he lived for.

"The Edge, hm? I haven't been there, but I've heard things about it..." The Foothills had trees as well, but he could understand well when Aylin said that the trees of the Edge weren't like the ones here. No, there was something... Vast and all-knowing about the twisting, archaic trees in the Deep Forest, surrounded in mystery and gloom by their dancing shadows. Where one might fear their magnificence, as Apollo himself once did, there was no denying the beauty that was mastered here.

Aylin spoke passionately about things she loved, Apollo realized. She adored her mother, and in so, spoke of her with a great reverence... A subtle sadness filled Apollo's dark-clad breast, for he had no family to speak of with such fondness. Aside from the family he gained in form of the Grey, there was one... But Apollo's hope in once seeing Andreas again dimmed with each passing of the sun. His sister was long gone, more than likely. He could only hope that whatever fate had granted her, that she had found peace at last.

"Perhaps," Apollo began, lifting his own head to allow his brown eyes to linger upon the swaying branches of the trees above them, "We try so hard to follow in the reverent footsteps of those around us, that along the way, we forget who we are supposed to be. We forget what we can be. Forgive me if this is too forthcoming, Aylin, as we have only just met... But it sounds like you love and respect your mother considerably. While it's okay to honor someone, and wish to make them proud... Maybe the way to achieve that is to simply be yourself."

He faltered then, uncertain as to where the words came from. He wanted to help her... But would his words cause more pain and grief than he intended. Looking back to the ebony and ivory mare, Apollo took a step back, shaking his head back and forth slowly. "I'm sorry, maybe that was out of line... You just seem sad; I wish to help you."

Credits

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Messages In This Thread
For Better or For Worse [Aylin] - by Apollo - 04-18-2013, 09:41 PM
RE: For Better or For Worse [Aylin] - by Aylin - 04-19-2013, 09:49 PM
RE: For Better or For Worse [Aylin] - by Apollo - 04-21-2013, 01:56 AM
RE: For Better or For Worse [Aylin] - by Aylin - 04-21-2013, 12:41 PM
RE: For Better or For Worse [Aylin] - by Apollo - 04-21-2013, 01:16 PM
RE: For Better or For Worse [Aylin] - by Aylin - 04-23-2013, 08:00 PM
RE: For Better or For Worse [Aylin] - by Apollo - 04-26-2013, 08:52 PM
RE: For Better or For Worse [Aylin] - by Apollo - 05-11-2013, 06:37 AM