the Rift

[PRIVATE] For Better or For Worse [Aylin]

Aylin Posts: 89
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.0 :: 3
ali
aylin</style>
at night when the stars light up my sky I sit by myself talking to the moon</style>

Apollo listened to every word I said and didn't seem to want to interrupt me, it was odd. When we were foals my brother would often interrupt me and not let me finish what I was saying. He was quick to ask me what I was doing when he would find me in the Heavenly Fields, but whenever I mentioned the Moon Goddess he was quick to cut me off and point out that she had never answered me before. Why would she ever answer me? I love my brother, don't get me wrong, but as I grow older sometimes I think that the love I have for him was strictly love because we were family. I guess I didn't particularly like him.

I want to, but he's not like mother and he's not like father. There is something about him that I don't like. Don't trust. It makes me feel all the more guilty that I left poor Aswane with him.

I extend my muzzle to bump gently against Apollo's when he extends his toward me, but then I retract mine and take a step back. My eyes lock on Apollo's face when he begins to speak and I do agree with what he says. I've tried so hard to be like my parents, to be understanding and accepting of everyone. Following in their footsteps is hard and I don't think that I can do it most of the time no matter how hard I try. I feel like I was forced to grow up too soon. I was barely a yearling when my sisters were born and my parents left with the sicker of my sisters. I was the one that was told to raise and protect Aswane and I did for a while, but I wanted my mother and father and I wanted to see how Mileena was doing.

I should have taken Aswane with me.

"While it's okay to honor someone, and wish to make them proud... Maybe the way to achieve that is to simply be yourself."

His words strike a chord within me and I feel tears sting my eyes again. I blink furiously to keep them at bay, but it's of no use. In an attempt to rid myself of them I lower my head and rub my eyes against my forelegs. "How can you be yourself when you have no idea who you are?" The question spills from my lips before I can stop it and the only thing I can do is lift my head and stare at Apollo. He probably thinks I'm a little nutty. Who doesn't know who they are? I've been guided and forced into a mold most of my life and now that's all gone. I'm left empty and alone and guilty.

Messages In This Thread
For Better or For Worse [Aylin] - by Apollo - 04-18-2013, 09:41 PM
RE: For Better or For Worse [Aylin] - by Aylin - 04-19-2013, 09:49 PM
RE: For Better or For Worse [Aylin] - by Apollo - 04-21-2013, 01:56 AM
RE: For Better or For Worse [Aylin] - by Aylin - 04-21-2013, 12:41 PM
RE: For Better or For Worse [Aylin] - by Apollo - 04-21-2013, 01:16 PM
RE: For Better or For Worse [Aylin] - by Aylin - 04-23-2013, 08:00 PM
RE: For Better or For Worse [Aylin] - by Apollo - 04-26-2013, 08:52 PM
RE: For Better or For Worse [Aylin] - by Apollo - 05-11-2013, 06:37 AM
RE: For Better or For Worse [Aylin] - by Aylin - 05-15-2013, 05:58 PM