the Rift

[OPEN] Shining Bright Tonight (Rhiannon, Crowley, Open)

Rhiannon Posts: 76
Outcast atk: 4.0 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 6 Years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sparrow

Rhiannon
Power in the Hands of a Dangerous Man is Power in the Hands of an Enemy.

For the longest time darkness and warmth had been all she had known. A steady, familiar heart beat is what lulled her to sleep, and what greeted her upon waking. Sometimes she would shift and move, but not very often. No, here, wherever she was, she was comfortable, warm, and safe. And that was all that mattered.

Yet, as they say, all good things come to an end.

The strangest sensation came over the creature, ripping her rudely from her slumber and causing her to twitch. What was happening? What was changing? Something was expelling her from her warmth, her home, her loving and safe place with the constant tha-thump, tha-thump that had become her only companion... What would dare harm her? Frail indignation rose in her breast, but it woul be months until she knew the feeling by name. No, she was still far too young, but indignation is what fueled her to thrash and move, desperate to escape the sudden, all-encompassing pressure that bore down upon her from all sides.

She felt as though she was twisting and turning, rolling around aimlessly in her safe place, hesitant to leave. She didn't want to leave, for this was home. This was warmth. This was love. Did they not understand that? She was too innocent to understand, too premature to the life that she had never met. Still, the pressure -whatever it was- must have been just as stubborn as she was, for in the end, it won.

The pressure became too much, nearly crushing her tiny, frail frame, but before she knew it, the most horrid change overcame her. The pressure released, and light filled her senses, hitting dual-colored eyes harshly. Her tiny body slipped free of it's confinements, landing in a slump in the cold, harsh snow, and an indignant squeal left her trembling lips. What was this?! No, no!

'Take me back! Let me go back home! I want to be warm!' She wanted to scream, yell, demand, but nothing could come of it, for she didn't yet understand the formation of speech. Freezing cold permeated her damp coat, causing her tiny skin-and-bones frame to shudder and tremble. With legs pulled closer to her quivering barrel, the tiny filly pulled her head close to her middle, simply trying to stay warm. This wasn't what she wanted... Eyes remained clamped shut, loathing the lights that stung her two-colord orbs.

You better be alive, damnit, ore I swear to the Gods I'm going to skin your father alive. What was that? Octaves, deep and confusing, drifted to the filly's tiny ears. Who was speaking? Was it the one who had thrown her out of her safe, warm haven? Hesitantly, indignation remaining, the brindled filly lifted her head, albeit weakly. Slowly her eyes blinked open, unfocused at first, but then dual-colored orbs slowly focused upon the simply giant form that rested beside her. Who was this?

Confusion permeated her silver and golden depths, her head tilting slightly to the side. Eyes widened slightly, simply taking in the form in front of her. Dark and foreboding, with silver accents... An object protruded from her face, a strange looking thing, but the filly was none-the-wiser as to what it was. For truly, she was less than five minutes old. Who could blame her? Still curious, however, she continued her survey of the mare before her. Instinct drove her to reach her tiny muzzle out, lips pursing as if searching, and another, almost angry squeal left her lips. She wanted... She wanted something!

The dark mare spoke again, yet seemed to stop in mid-speech. Whatever for? It was then that the brindled filly spotted the first marvel of her new world. Above the large mare was something far more vast, something far more marvelous than anything she had the luxury of witnessing. Her eyes widened to impossible sizes, watching as a confusing array of colors shone across the night sky. What was this? What was going on? Fear snuck upon her as she stared, and immediately she flinched, as if struck. This world was terrifying, yet already her mind was moving on from the warm place she had previously called hom...

Rhiannon, my daughter. Rhiannon? What was that? Could it solve this grumbling feeling in her tummy? You are mine, and I love you. Still, none of this made much sense to the filly, for she still couldn't understand the words exchanged by adults... But little did she know that Rhiannon had just been named. She also found that the warm tones in the dark-mare's vocals were pleasant to listen to, much like the tha-thump that had sung her to sleep in that warm place she had just rudely been thrown from.

Little Rhiannon, trembling due to the sheer cold of her new home, looked once more to the dark form of her mother. Yes, mother. The bond between the two of them would be hard to break, at least for awhile. A squeal left her lips again, her head raising and snapping forward in a small flail. Legs quaked and shifted, yet the tiny filly didn't rise. Instead, she did the one thing she could; she coughed. A somewhat harsh cough escaped her lips, one that nearly caused the filly to topple to the side in surprise, but she remained bundled in the white, powdery snow by her mother's side.

This was the day of her birth, a day to welcome her into the world, and from here, change would happen every step of the way. Well... As soon as she was on her feet, anyway. Until then, Rhiannon was content to lay on this ground and shiver until she was warm.

Messages In This Thread
Shining Bright Tonight (Rhiannon, Crowley, Open) - by Elizabeth - 04-19-2013, 05:47 AM
RE: Shining Bright Tonight (Rhiannon, Crowley, Open) - by Rhiannon - 04-19-2013, 11:20 AM
RE: Shining Bright Tonight (Rhiannon, Crowley, Open) - by Elizabeth - 05-23-2013, 03:20 AM