the Rift

[OPEN] blossom passing fair [Tiamat/Open]

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli

tiamat</style>
we run like a river runs to the sea</style>

The time mender, it seems, is interested in more than just her name. Shyly she bends her nose to brush against her knees, nuzzling the patches of a slick, thickening coat as she lets the sensation of being welcomed wash over her. She is unused to such kindness in strangers; it is not that she has not expected it, simply that she can't ever remember encountering it before meeting this pair. Her life as she knows it has been full of familiarity and the comfort of her family, everything else seems foreign, and in its own way intimidating.

But she won't be swayed. D'Artagnan is, as she gathers, kind and intelligent. She knows it would be foolish to reduce herself to a blundering mess before him, and so she straightens up. Behind her, her long and delicate tail brushes side to side across the snow, betraying the effort she puts into appearing capable and confident. "Thank you sir, I am happy to be counted among these ranks," she says cleanly, nodding her head in a gesture respectful appreciation. She is, after all, thankful; their kindness is not something that she thinks herself entitled to in any way. She lets herself ponder, for a moment, the possible areas of study. She has never been in a herd, not that she can recall, and the idea of a certain path to follow within its hierarchy is new and exciting. "I think... I think I would like to learn to help others," she begins, the slight, hesitant quivering of her voice impossible to hide, but not something she cares to mask regardless. It is true, she realizes; more than anything she wants to give back to those in this home, who have treated her so kindly and with such tender care already. "Is that what you do, as mender?" Her question is carefully worded, accented by a tilt of her slender head to the side and a cocking of her ears forward to listen to whatever his response may be.

She falls silent then, awaiting his reply and listening with care to the interaction between the dark mare and the mender. When Lena speaks of the lake, Tiamat's heart leaps in excitement, but her obedience extends to self discipline. Though Lena has begun to lead them towards the lake at last, Tiamat contains her excitement and instead tucks her chin to her chest. Her fluid movement extends into an easy trot as she bridges the gap between herself and the center of the territory. The cold wind dances about her and the faint wisps of dry, cold grasses brush between her legs as she waltzes forth. As the water tugs at the shore, she nickers gleefully and lowers her carved features to meet the waterside. "I've missed you, brother," she whispers into the waters, unaware of whether or not her words might be picked up by her company. Her breath tickles the cold, icy mirror of the lake, and she turns back to Lena. "It is beautiful here," she speaks, louder now and with an untamed bewilderment about herself. A haze of delight, of hushed reverie, washes over her and fills her eyes with a bright shine of one possessed by awe. She sees peace where others may see a barren wasteland. How strange it is, she thinks, that other might not see the wonder of this land.

[[I'm still getting used to Tiamat and the way she thinks, so I apologize for any weirdness. x3]]

credit
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Messages In This Thread
blossom passing fair [Tiamat/Open] - by Lena - 04-20-2013, 04:58 PM
RE: blossom passing fair [Tiamat/Open] - by Lena - 05-05-2013, 07:46 AM
RE: blossom passing fair [Tiamat/Open] - by Lena - 05-16-2013, 05:29 PM
RE: blossom passing fair [Tiamat/Open] - by Tiamat - 05-17-2013, 05:00 PM
RE: blossom passing fair [Tiamat/Open] - by Lena - 06-02-2013, 10:18 AM