the Rift

[OPEN] Caged bird

Chernobyl Posts: 134
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: Nine | Tallsun HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Psilo
The pair was quiet for a time, merely gazing at one another as if silence would lay waste to their differences, but of course nothing but turmoil ensued. However, the starry mare was intent on filling the gaps of unknowing with answers of her own and Chernobyl was certainly not going to be the one to stop her. She was endlessly curious about the maiden and while her heart wanted to reach out and touch the other with a feathery breath of understanding, she could not.

Her words are sharp, even if they were not intended to be so. They are filled with hurt and confusion- words made of steel that cannot help but bend. Chernobyl moves closer as if to enclose their company with the privacy known only to intimate lovers and she nods slowly, breathing against the cold of the prison like an impervious wall. She does not note the frozen barriers of her home anymore because they are the only things keeping her sane if not keeping her alive. It numbs her to core and allows the pain to lie still in spite of the lazy fire that burns within her past (though it is slowly dying). “You’re right, there is nothing I can do for you should they opt for more vicious measures.” Again, words are harsh, but truth rings true and she turns away to avoid the inevitable look of incredulousness. She is not trying to be heartless, no; she only speaks what and she knows and what she feels.

But… I can deter them should such notions arise.” Her black eyes are curious now, though in the thick darkness of the hollow, there is nothing more to see than the emptiness that fills two bleeding hearts content with the suffering they endure. Again, she presses her face to the hardened bars of the maiden’s cell and puffs soft clouds of frosted air into the warmth within. She listens once more to the sullen words of her captive and sighs against the weight of their brevity. She is different, but not in a way that she would like. She feels when there is no room to feel and she yearns when there is no room to yearn… She feels cursed for a time before she finally shifts away from the starry mare to look back out into the barren landscape of the Basin.

And yet, I am nothing like you.” Chernobyl’s musing does little to inflate her collapsing ego and so she wanders closer to the threshold of the cave, hoping to find answers within the quiet plains beyond. However, as all things are when they are most needed, the Basin is quiet. But is it not long before the serenity is overthrown by the approach of another. It is out of self-preservation and the sudden prominence of worry that causes the black mare to withdraw back into the darkness, back to the maiden. She stands alongside her, hackles raised and eyes wide as the Basin mare interrupts every private thought that Chernobyl had ever expressed to the captive lady. In the awkward moments that follow, Chernobyl tries to resist pushing dark words through clenched teeth. She does not know what has brought her sister to the hollow, but she refrains from lashing out in the mere name of assumption.

However, as supposed, the bloodied bay offers nothing in the way of solace but instead only empty promises that mean nothing to the broken captive and Chernobyl herself. It irks the black mare that she can appear to be so cruel and yet when those darkened lips of sin parted, only meager sentiments of truth were unveiled. But it only confuses the obsidian queen and before she has much of a chance to acknowledge her strange words, another figure appears from the depths of the dark hollow, again shocking the typically steadfast queen.

His voice rings sharply against the hushed whispers of the females, but Chernobyl is not impressed. No one had invited his opinion and she certainly had no reason to respect him for it. Again, her shoulders rise from their slack position to adopt a slant that would indicate readiness- preparedness in the event of attack. A low moan escapes her throat and the power of it seems to echo from the walls around them; she is unwillingly to accept his advance. Instead, she draws closer to star-studded maiden, her hips brushing lightly against the bars that keep her from flight. “I can only assume that this knowledge you speak of is moot child for your prejudices will not be justified here.” Her words are a venomous hiss as she snakes her head low, a deadly horn pointed at the creature’s heart. “I do not come for you beast though I hope that when someone does, all they find is your rotted corpse.” She turns her black eyes away from the wasted flesh of a being that no longer deserves her comforts and back into the eyes of the maiden- she is Chernobyl’s sole concern.

OOC| This started out good... and then died.

crushed and filled with all I found
underneath and inside, just to come around
more, give me more, give me more

pixel is by RELI<3

• Feel free to magic on her, but no murder.

Messages In This Thread
Caged bird - by Cassiopeia - 04-20-2013, 06:00 PM
RE: Caged bird - by Chernobyl - 04-21-2013, 09:45 PM
RE: Caged bird - by Arielle - 04-22-2013, 05:35 PM
RE: Caged bird - by Valentine - 04-27-2013, 10:07 PM
RE: Caged bird - by Chernobyl - 04-28-2013, 08:20 PM
RE: Caged bird - by Valentine - 05-10-2013, 08:39 PM