the Rift

[OPEN] a shipwreck on the shore
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo

[ sorry for the wait! <3 life and gnagnagn. ]

I had never had a reason to learn caution. No one had ever taught me of danger, well, aside from the occasional lecture about those who do not think kindly of the royal house, but come on, the guards wouldn't ever let such idiots get close to me. But the longer I spent out here, the more I realized that.. if I didn't keep an eye on the surroundings, no one would warn me to anyone approaching.

Too bad I didn't remember to do it all the time.

The grass was almost tasteless in my mouth, packed so tight I had some trouble getting it between my molars to grind down; I was tearing the blades off faster than I got rid of them, but I couldn't stop. Everything within me had become this tight ball of anxiety, and it was burning in my throat, like a hot, painful sensation I couldn't swallow. It was burning behind my eyes, too, and I blinked furiously as I tore up the grass, refusing to give in to it and unable to identify it. I just felt so lonely and helpless and I missed everything so much! This life was too harsh and lonesome for me, and it was with horror I'd realized a few days prior that my coat was dusty and lackluster. This place was absolutely ruining me.

"Mauja? What are you doing out here at a time like this?" A voice! It knew my name, it spoke almost tenderly, softly, wondering why I was out in this blasted, godforsaken land! My head jerked up, to behold my savior, but the joy I had felt erupt in my chest died just as quickly as I saw the mare who had spoken.

I didn't know her.

She had too much muscle packed on her frame, like she'd once been dainty but since had trained hard to look more beastly, and I felt my lip curl at the thought. Why ruin what had obviously been good looks? And my — her horn! It was like a sharp rod stuck on her forehead, and I shuddered, thinking what devastation she could wreak with it. She'd be laughed at at court, so.. maybe she was some kind of guard? Come to get me? But I'd never seen her before!

"Who are you?" I croaked, my blue eyes wide, almost fearful. Just as I found when I went outside of court, I'd found that the inhabitants here did not always take kindly to me, or fawn over me.. and with her brutal appearance, why, I was probably in my right mind to be worried for my own safety! "Are you here to hurt me? Or-" I hated it that I hoped, that it flared to life in my eyes, but since she knew who I was, a Prince of the kingdom, surely she was here to get me home! My esteemed mother and father had probably issued a really nice reward for finding their lost, precious son... "- are you here to get me home?"

Mauja the Frostheart</style>
            Bleeding</style>

image by slalit @ flickr.com
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Messages In This Thread
a shipwreck on the shore - by Mauja - 04-21-2013, 07:51 AM
RE: a shipwreck on the shore - by Leyra - 04-21-2013, 08:38 AM
RE: a shipwreck on the shore - by Mauja - 04-29-2013, 09:17 AM