the Rift

On a cold morning a tale is unwrapping [Open!]

Sinuhe Posts: 38
Dragon's Throat Mare
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.1 :: 3
Roo

On a cold morning a tale is unwrapping

A strong, cold wind, weaved it's self rapidly though the tree's. It was as if it was purposely trying to make me feel unwelcome to this land, and it was working. I didn't stop for a second to take in the view of the frosted world. I could see a path clearly ahead, coated in a thin layer of frost, and that was all I needed to see so that I knew where I was going. Anyway, it wasn't like this land was any different from any other. It had many tree's, it had water and it had grass. I stop briefly and look round at the tree's that had dropped there leaves and now stood bare in the woods but the sharp nip of the cold wind forced me on, like a stick and tame horse.

My muzzle is pressed against my chest, my neck being forced to tighten up in my efforts to keep warm. Icy blue eyes are straining to look as far up and forward at the path as they could. My whole body was tensed, hoping it would keep in the warmth. My tail lies motionlessly against the back of my legs, locks tumbling down way onto the floor so that it trailed behind me. I was glad I had such a thick mane and tail that was so long. It trapped and generated heat beneath it so I was sure that for the winter months it would be prefect, as it always had been.

For the first time in being here I wonder Is there anyone else around here? I ask the question in my head first, before speaking aloud my thoughts. "It there anyone else around here?" I extend my neck out from it's curled position, my ear's pricked forward. My words seemed to bounce of the tree's, echoing round the forest. My eye's scan though the tree's, looking for the slightest of movements that could suggest life because, at the moment, no one seemed to be alive here.

"blah blah blah."

Messages In This Thread
On a cold morning a tale is unwrapping [Open!] - by Sinuhe - 04-21-2013, 02:03 PM
RE: On a cold morning a tale is unwrapping [Open!] - by Giselle - 04-21-2013, 04:48 PM
RE: On a cold morning a tale is unwrapping [Open!] - by Avalon - 04-25-2013, 10:45 PM
RE: On a cold morning a tale is unwrapping [Open!] - by Giselle - 04-26-2013, 02:40 PM