the Rift

On a cold morning a tale is unwrapping [Open!]

Avalon Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

It had been a slow day for me. I had been on my toes constantly, but I had luckily refilled my body from it's fatigue last night. I had awoken this morning to the sun's beautiful rays and made my way out of the Throat. Not too far, but just far enough to where I could try and recruit at least one good being today.

My warm presence surrounded my extremely large body as I made my way through the Threshold. My large antlers would occasionally snag on a branch or two but alas, my strong and sturdy frame would push right through with ease, only for them to snap back to their position before I traversed through them.

I swished my ink black tail as I continued to walk through the forest; the feathers emerging from at the top of my tail moving along with it much like a wave in the see or a ripple from a raindrop in a puddle. My mind, on the other hand, most certainly wasn't cloudy like a wave or a raindrop. It was clearer than day despite the fact that it was working a mile a second.

My thoughts, however, were interrupted by a loud noise. This loud noise was the wind, of course. Weaving its way in and out of the canopy leaves that rustled when its invisible hands touched them. I smile at the oncoming breeze, and then I feel it against my pelt. I stop in my tracks but I am not foolish enough to close my eyes. I lift my head to get the wind's full long blast and it brushed back both my mane and tail, kisses my body, then plays with my feathers for a few seconds before dying off.

I began to walk again however, but in just a second, I hear voices. From what I heard, three separate voices. I peer through the leaves, quite nervous of what might come before me. I then notice, however, that it's a newcomer judging by the way she talks. The other two... both from the Basin.

Damn it. I think, but oh well. We'll see how it goes. After all, I'm not sure a Basin member would like to show a majority of their true colors to such a new being. I am not arrogant, though. I'm not looking for a fight, and I do hope my warm persona reflects this. I wish for no trouble, I come in peace. I hope these other two have the same views.

It would be too late to dart now, and instead, I and my warm and welcoming voice is put out into the air as I approach. I speak after d'Artagnan announces his and the other's name to Sinuhe.

"I do believe everyone has their own opinions and entitlement as to think of what and where the best place to live in is." I look at all of them, then back to Sinuhe with a warm and welcoming smile upon my face. "I am Avalon, of the Dragon's Throat. As d'Artagnan said, this is Helovia. He failed to mention the other three herdsm however. There are four main herds, the World's Edge, the Aurora Basin, the Windtossed Foothills, and of course, the Dragon's Throat. I know not of the other's as I do not live there but I do know of the Dragon's Throat. A beautiful oasis and a promised family that accepts any and all of any race. Some other herds are not so welcoming to others."

"You currently are in the Threshold, where members from the herds can come and recruit members. That is our main goal for all of us here, currently. I am searching not only for members though. Also for family." The Throat was a family. We were a very tight knit family, at that. We had strong ties and accepted any and all, no matter how they looked. We had a strong defense that provided protection for all of our members. It was beautiful sands and a beautiful oasis, but also of beautiful and golden hearts.

[[Ooc: Hope you guys don't mind me joining. I come in peace! X3 Welcome to Helovia, Roo. :)

Edit: I just realized d'Artagnan's name is from the Three Musketeers... right? xP]]

Image Credits

"Talk"

Messages In This Thread
RE: On a cold morning a tale is unwrapping [Open!] - by Giselle - 04-21-2013, 04:48 PM
RE: On a cold morning a tale is unwrapping [Open!] - by Avalon - 04-25-2013, 10:45 PM
RE: On a cold morning a tale is unwrapping [Open!] - by Giselle - 04-26-2013, 02:40 PM