the Rift

On a cold morning a tale is unwrapping [Open!]

Giselle Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Sinuhe. I glance over her. So the glow I had followed had been the result of the reflecting sunlight off her canvas. I half smirked at the thought, wondering how I had allowed myself to be pulled by curiosity. But before I can even acknowledge her inquiries about the land of Helovia, I switch my attention to another Basin member. It is hard not to notice the perfume that radiates from one’s kind, especially those unicorns who called the Basin their home. Thoughts flood my cranium of how we were thrown from our beloved home, the World’s Edge. We would reclaim it. I had no doubt.

d’Art, the nightshade, had decided to grace us with his presence. His form came into view and his puzzled look but acknowledgement of our peace with each other intrigues me. I make it my job to know those I reside with, but I did not think embarrassing such a member would be ideal at this time, so I smile, as it is half forced and half part of the acting game. As he introduces his little pet, I raise a brow and flick an aud. What was with these companions? Where others so weak and brainwashed into thinking having a pet would really make life better? Sure, the argument that aiding in fights is all-good, but I didn’t find the need to have one.

I was just about offer Sinuhe a tour guide, to let d’Art be on his way, as he certainly hadn’t come just for the pleasures of meet, greet and bring home another recruit. I knew he had better things to do, but my words were cut short as the aura changed quite drastically. Pinning my harks to my skull, I picked up on the scent of a new comer, but that of the Dragon’s Throat. I didn’t even need to see the other mare to know her hiding place. I transfixed my gaze on her as she revealed herself. I struck at the ground and gave a loud uncomfortable snort. How I would love to just pluck one feather off of those wings, one by one.

Glancing at Sinuhe and then at d’Art, I only imagine what is running through the shade’s skull. I take this opportunity to fill the silence with my speech. It was about time I break the deadening space between us. Looking to Sinuhe, I let my cooing words fill the tight distance between us. Do you really want to live with the equines and the Pegasus that ran d’Art’s and my family from our homeland? The only place to live is with your kind Sinuhe, with us. The blood ties that bind us is like nothing anyone else can even imagine exists. Come back with me, with us. I can give you the grand tour. You can meet my little sister, Psyche, as she will be thrilled to meet you. Think of it as a welcome home surprise.

I felt like the traitor before us had no knowledge of what her herd had been apart of. There are a lot of things I wish I could say. Like how we were viciously attacked in our homeland by Pegasus and equine alike. How they ran us out and stole, took everything they could away from us. Maybe I should try to persuade both mares. Maybe I should twist things. Make Sinuhe and this Avalon believe they were doing the right thing by choosing to live in the Aurora Basin. Not like the snow wasn’t pretty to look at. I waited for a moment, debating on my next plan of attack. If I couldn’t win them over by just words, then maybe pity, maybe making them feel like they would be doing everyone a favor, if they followed d’Art and I back to the Basin. But I hold my tongue. I have said just enough. Leaking that the Pegasus and the equines and the traitors, that talked of harmony with all races, were the very likes that impeded on our family and our homeland. No I had said quite enough.

text text text blah blah blah

Messages In This Thread
RE: On a cold morning a tale is unwrapping [Open!] - by Giselle - 04-21-2013, 04:48 PM
RE: On a cold morning a tale is unwrapping [Open!] - by Avalon - 04-25-2013, 10:45 PM
RE: On a cold morning a tale is unwrapping [Open!] - by Giselle - 04-26-2013, 02:40 PM