the Rift

[PRIVATE] I'm Not Affraid to Sleep Now [Midas]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Midas
Let heaven part so you can witness the colors of the sky
Golden child
She apologized. Why was she apologizing? I wondered. My nose hung in the air, closing the distance between us halfway. All that remained was for her to do the same, and show me by some sign that she was well. Instead, the lass shrank from me--embarrassed, afraid? I couldn’t tell which. The wet ivory mess of hair extending from my bottom gave a hearty pat against flanks, my gaze trailed past her dripping tri colored form. Instantly I did a scan of the immediate area around us, reading for hidden dangers or the possibility of one.

“Midas, I didn’t mean to trouble you. I guess I had nothing better to do, and shouldn’t have presumed you would be readily available.” A small amount of steam misted from my cooling sides that where now no longer warm. Feathers shifted to hold themselves tighter against the bulk of my barrel. Was that how she and the others felt? That I simply couldn’t take a moment from duties to have a word with one of my clansisters? My head rocks back and forth, lips curved downward in a slight frown. I raise my eyes again to lock into those gentle orbs I had come to know over the past few weeks, “Nay little sister, you have nothing to apologize for. I always try to make myself available to the family.”

There was nothing this heart throbbed more for; nothing was more important than family. “I wanted to say thank you for saving me.” Both ears had remained perked forward against the onslaught of rain, her words slide them back a notch—though the movement shouldn’t be misunderstood, my mind was remembering how the painted Gypsy stud had treated my clanmate. Understanding that she needed closure, despite the fact that the very life she thanked might one day be given freely to assure that others would continue down this bitter trail we called ‘life’.
“You’re welcome, dear one.”
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
I'm Not Affraid to Sleep Now [Midas] - by Africa - 04-21-2013, 06:18 PM
RE: I'm Not Affraid to Sleep Now [Midas] - by Midas - 05-24-2013, 09:11 AM