the Rift

[PRIVATE] I'm Not Affraid to Sleep Now [Midas]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Midas
Let heaven part so you can witness the colors of the sky
Golden child
My response seemed to be just the release she needed to fall into a state of ease. Any concern I had been feeling for her uneasiness mostly vanished when that lean female posture softened. This of course aided to further simplify the air between us and didn’t give me cause to wonder when she broke eye contact to peer behind me. By now there surely isn’t a spot on either of us that is dry, and I can feel the cool air start to settle between the thick layers of water resistant fur. “I hope this rain clears soon.” I allow my lips to crack apart into a lopsided grin; the desert rarely saw showers such as these—and though we grumbled about the downpours now. We would be thankful for them come next budding season. Still, enough was sometimes enough. Water sops my hair, and makes it stick against a neck that has cooled enough to not be steaming anymore.

“I can’t imagine the desert is that thirsty.” I chuckle and say, “Our home has a relentless thirst,” considering now with that same boyish grin I add, “Best to drown yourself in it whilst you can, Frostfall will see these late showers chased away.” Then it would be cold, very very cold. She moves to bid me farewell, I can see the goodbye in her eyes right before her ashy muzzle comes to give a traditional parting. Just as quick as we met, she wanted us to part again—my face extends to scent her offering and press against that soft feminine warmth for a spare moment before withdrawing.

After a second of silence I propose with quiet tone,“There is a grand tree near the base of our lake, its branches are wide and forgiving. It would offer some amount of protection against this storm, would you like me to walk you to it?” True, our tropical shelter isn't far in the distance, and maybe I was just using it as an excuse to get a little more company time with her. But…like all creatures, I was lonely.
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
I'm Not Affraid to Sleep Now [Midas] - by Africa - 04-21-2013, 06:18 PM
RE: I'm Not Affraid to Sleep Now [Midas] - by Midas - 05-29-2013, 12:21 PM