Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven
[Image: 515b833f251f3]

Look down
The ground below is crumbling
Look up
The stars are all exploding

The steady cascade of rain almost drowned Midas’s softly spoken words. Respectfully though, the young mare’s attention was unwavering and the careful lean of her cupped ears towards him easily picked his offer from the thrum of noise. “There is a grand tree near the base of our lake, its branches are wide and forgiving. It would offer some amount of protection against this storm, would you like me to walk you to it?” Africa nodded agreeably; she thought quietly that even a brief respite would be beneficial. The water was slowly beginning to breach the waterproof shield of feathers clutched cosily against her waist, and whenever the cold billowing wind swirled by, the chill seemed to penetrate right through to her subtly shivering core.

That would be cool...” She answered heartily, ruffling her wings briskly so that a spray of glistening rain erupted around her. There was a sudden surge of bubbling excitement stirring within her as she waited patiently to follow his lead. Africa had sought Midas that day for other reasons also, although expressing her sheer gratitude held the greatest priority. She noted quickly that he was in no hurry to rush away to toil beneath the weight of his work as General, and sighed happily. The young horse could not deny the adulation rippling through her stomach; it twitched and bothered her- though not with discomfort. Whether or not Midas offered his regal attention to every other of their brethren did not seem to matter, Africa cherished his undivided attention completely.

I was in the Threshold recently...” She started quietly- perhaps overdoing the casual tone a little, just to try to blend her writhing nerves, ““...and I overheard a conversation about a group called the Assassins.” Africa paused to check his expression with a thoughtful smile. “I spend a lot of time there these days!” she added quickly although it was as out of place as a duck in the desert. “A mare, Accalia- was trying to gather support and numbers from travellers. It seemed she was organising a rescue party to take back their leader. She was trying to rebuild ranks I thought...” The dappled mare wasn’t sure how valuable the information was, or itsa relevant to the Throat, because prior to that chance meeting, she had never heard about the rogue ‘band’. “It was just weird and I thought I should tell you.” She shrugged coolly, relieved to have finally shared the (slight) burden of information- she repeated the message constantly in her mind so as not to confuse its content, and it would be a grand thing now to let it simply fade away.

"Thinking. Speaking. Acting."

Table Header credits go to baylee.
Pegasus icon lineart credits go to Tamme.

Messages In This Thread
I'm Not Affraid to Sleep Now [Midas] - by Africa - 04-21-2013, 06:18 PM
RE: I'm Not Affraid to Sleep Now [Midas] - by Africa - 05-30-2013, 07:42 PM