the Rift

[PRIVATE] I'm Not Affraid to Sleep Now [Midas]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Midas
Let heaven part so you can witness the colors of the sky
Golden child
“Honestly,” she says, her voice is so soft to my ears that I have to strain so that she might be heard over the drizzle. “I don’t think my heart lies in violence.” My breath comes out as a soft sigh, and the air directly ahead fills with vaporizing mist. Though it was my duty to find and train warriors for threshing, I felt a small amount of relief. She wouldn’t have to live with dirty hoofs, stained by the blood of enemies and fools. Knowingly I turned my face toward her, no reproach or the like could be seen. Africa might not be a natural battle born, but over time it was certain that a slot for this lady would be handled forward; one way or another she would come across violence.

“….but” she adds hastily, and I could only grin all the wider at her attempts to somehow appease after turning my suggestion down. “I will try, and base my decision on experience.” Africa’s last statement was something I could approve of down to the deepest core of my being, nodding with approval I simply say, “So you will.” Still smiling I watch as she turns toward our fiery company, possibly thinking of a question. Fina is currently staring back at us with a sour expression, (or as sour as a bird can appear.)

“I was wondering how you and Fina met; how you knew…”

The tale of how we met? Fina turns her creamy beak to me; clicking once, then falling silent as if she too wanted to hear this story. I frowned a little, but with a good natured tone and a shrug added, “I’m not the best story teller…” drifting off, my mind slips back for a moment. Back to that day in the Heavenly Field. After a second, I start to speak, “We met toward the end of our last Frostfall; the flowers hadn’t dared lift their heads out of fear that a rouge frost might come. But, the air was warmer and sky glorious to behold.”

My tone wavers a little, nervously I shift my weight to the right—leaning away from Africa. “She was an egg when I found her perched on the edge of an unstable cliff by fate…or ill luck…I didn’t know which. Others came to lend their aid of course, I among them.” I’m pleased by how my voice naturally starts to even out and grow pleasantly smooth as the story progresses, “We combined our efforts to rescue the egg and then worked to keep it warm.” Honeyed eyes trail up, gazing into the endless blue predator pupils that had my lips locked, “The gods favored my efforts above the others that day; blessing me with her egg by announcing my claim so that all would know that she was mine, and I hers.”

Cranium lowers and I turn to look at Africa, “She hatched shortly after; hungry and rather demanding.” Fina chirps loudly, offended that I would even brooch such a topic, “I’m never demanding,” she hisses and I grin but give her no quarter of my attention, “We hadn’t bonded before...while she was still an egg; but after we looked at each other, it was…” voice trails off, struggling to find the right set of words, “It was as if…our minds opened…we could feel each other; not so much in a physical way; but spiritually, with our souls.”
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
I'm Not Affraid to Sleep Now [Midas] - by Africa - 04-21-2013, 06:18 PM
RE: I'm Not Affraid to Sleep Now [Midas] - by Midas - 06-09-2013, 09:54 PM