the Rift

[PRIVATE] I'm Not Affraid to Sleep Now [Midas]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Midas
Let heaven part so you can witness the colors of the sky
Golden child
If she only knew how much of my life actually revolved around work. Endless work. They relied on me, and my superiors to be strong when they felt weak, shine a guiding light when there was none; fight when all wanted to bow before suppressors. Yes, my title held a good deal of pride; yet I boasted none of it. My children where the sons and daughters of golden sand; my eldest son would be the closest to that symbol. Perhaps one faraway day, Africa would understand. I gave up my small personal family for the much larger picture. A sacrifice that was often frowned upon by many, more so by those that were called to sacrifice their mates going to war, and fathers into battle—yet, don’t all men of honor do as the ties of fate bid?

The answer was yes.

She frowned a little, and I look away…knowing that those words had made her uncomfortable, but I couldn’t regret saying them. “You don’t have to thank me.” It doesn’t take eyes to know that her features had softened into a smile again; the tone said everything and her next sentence warmed me further, “I always enjoy your company.” Golden pools surfaced from their lowered position, and I gazed into those opposite feminine eyes with content satisfaction, “You’ll have more of my company should your title harbor anything to do with soldiers,” I teased and hints of laugher filtered across my face, though no rumbling chuckles came forth “—you might not enjoy it then.” It was a joke mostly, but one spoken true.

Knowing that our time was coming to an end, my soul could already feel the tugs of border patrol beckoning me like a far of signal that only a warrior could hear. Softly I add, “If you every need anything Africa simply call for me; I’m often not far off.” A promise that was well spoken; I didn’t make vows lightly, “It’s time that our boarders are checked, be well sister,”and with that I dipped my head respectfully while stepping out from under the shadowing tree. Wings unfurled to halfmast slowly, primary caught the few drops that still fell from our dark sky but the main downpour had ceased. Since they are wet and heavy I have to run forward on the sloshing ground with each beating heavily. After a moment the ground slips away and I’m airborn.

OOC: Midas exits
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
I'm Not Affraid to Sleep Now [Midas] - by Africa - 04-21-2013, 06:18 PM
RE: I'm Not Affraid to Sleep Now [Midas] - by Midas - 06-24-2013, 12:27 PM