the Rift

For all is not always fair in both love and war..

Tamira Posts: 60
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 hh :: 6 (ages in Orangemoon)
RayoDeSoleil
I am afraid that loss is something that I am far too familiar with.

From the time I was born to the present, I had been on the receiving end of first pain, then fear, then prejudice. When I had arrived in Helovia, I had been convinced that I would be met with more of the same - and yet I had been treated with kindness and respect. But just when I felt comfortable - just when I felt as though I could relax, that perhaps I really was not such a monstrosity after all, my understanding of myself had been ripped out from under me. It had been my own fault, admittedly; Thor had healed my mind for me, had done everything for me... but here I was, still broken, still unsure of who I really was.

I should be thankful, I told myself over and over again, but it never stuck - again and again I found myself lost, abandoned, unsure. Starting over. Always, forever, never truly fitting anywhere. Was I destined to such loneliness, or had I exiled myself? Was this a trap of my own making, or was I simply required by the laws of the gods or the universe or life itself to wallow in my misery? Could I simply decide to move forward with my life, to adjust? Did I have that option?

When Thor told me the truth, I had found myself for the first time well and truly angry. I was angry that he had withheld the truth from me, angry that he had not seen fit to share with me my own affliction. Perhaps it was that I felt that he had taken a piece of me without really explaining what he had taken - and so I had not been willing to give it up. In a way, it was almost thievery, but I had opened my mind to him, invited him in - if your houseguest takes what you have willingly laid out before them, who is in the wrong? I found myself wandering, leaving the Edge, heading for gods-know-where, just simply wanting space. To think. To feel. If I even felt anything anymore.

And before long, I found myself in the Threshold. Ah, the memories - I had once traversed this very same terrain on my way into this land, and now I could not for the life of me decide whether I was grateful for the journey. My emotionless analysis, however, was interrupted by an odd scent - well, not odd, just one that I had not yet been privy to. From it, I could tell that it was not from around here, and I could tell that it was a male. Equine, pegasus, or unicorn remained unknown, and for a moment I frowned, contemplating whether or not to expose myself. But then, what did I have to lose, really? Not that I was suicidal... or maybe I was. I don't think I was quite sure anymore.

Chocolate pistons spurred me through the trees, trying to catch up to the steed in grey that I could see not too far ahead. I slowed as I approached, not wishing to startle him, and perhaps subconsciously recognizing that I would need to be able to escape should he wish me harm. My voice, though, was clear and calm. "Good afternoon, sir," I called after him. "You are new to these lands?"

Messages In This Thread
RE: For all is not always fair in both love and war.. - by Tamira - 04-22-2013, 04:29 PM