the Rift

Gold Bleeding{Cirrus, Training Spar, Whit}

Eios Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

A fine day for feathered friends was afoot. The Brother Sun had just finished pushing the peeking sun up into the sky, Sister moon was now napping, and Father Earth was clearly in a quiet mood today, for few creatures had chosen to stir as of yet. I take flight from my homeland with a yawn, it was time for morning exercise. The fluctuating currents and columns are no match for my dancing skills today as I weave and dive and slice the air. I've certainly come a long way from the small, previously unskilled horse I once was, I think quietly to myself. However, today, I find that these mere executions of maneuvers is not enough for me. My muscles, mind, and lungs are all tuned to the best of their abilities for now, and cannot go further until I bite the wood, and complete my first spar.

I cut short my waltz as soon as my muscles have awoken from their morning stiffness. Gold splashed wings fold in on themselves as I allow myself to execute a bone rattling, heart-stopping, adrenaline pumping dive towards the ground. I watch the sand grow closer and closer with every half beat of my heart until, at the last moment possible, I pull up.
It takes me a wingbeat more than I estimated though, and I land with a great puff of dust that collects on my body instead of rolling off as it used to.(I really was going to talk to Father Earth about that)

Despite the somewhat flopped landing, I shake my body and coat and let out a loud whoop of excitement as if I'd meant to cause the flying sand. All the while casting my pupil-less blue orbs about to see if any were nearby enough to take me up on an offer of a spar.

[Word Count: 309
Type:Sparring match
Numbers: 3 rounds + Closing defense
Setting: Dragons Throat, mid-morning. The day is semi-cloudy. The spar will take place between the Oasis and the Ocean(yes, I kinda stole the setup, but I love the setting, and its been a while since I started something).
Others: Magic/companion allowed. Eios has none
Count Max: 800 words]

"speaking"

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
Gold Bleeding{Cirrus, Training Spar, Whit} - by Eios - 04-22-2013, 03:43 PM