Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven
[Image: 515b833f251f3]

Look down
The ground below is crumbling
Look up
The stars are all exploding

Completed only a quarter of the way, Africa’s journey around the eroded rim of the lake had been so far fruitless. A quiet sigh heaved against the steady, gentle rock of her ambling body- her gait having slowed slothfully in record time when the impatient enthusiasm of the search’s beginning found no immediate traction. She squinted, peering right, out across the shimmery white glare cast by the sun’s radiant reflection contemplatively.
When she had met Cirrus previously, quite by chance in fact, Africa had marvelled adoringly at the use of healing magic. No matter how exclusive it had been, nor how excluded from the act Africa had been, the connection which had been obvious to any with an open mind, increased her curious desire to learn and reinvent the purpose in her otherwise dull and unfulfilling existence. Africa wanted to learn how to heal (even if the method used by Cirrus, was a little distracted from her own wish to blend different flowers, leaves and the like to craft balms and oils- technique which was so far only a rousing dream).

The day would be warm and dry she thought pensively, though such was hardly uncommon, and her wandering gaze caught the rare gape of a fish’s bony jaws breaking the calm undulation of the open water.
“Africa!” A pleasant, friendly voice rang through the low hum of noise in the air about the lake. Her white face snapped away from the ripple where the fish had been, tracing the greeting with a cheerful expression back to Cirrus who was quickly approaching. A softer smile, filled with more understanding than it previously had, was offered to the mare’s companion too. Sohalia had been an asset to Africa’s need to understand the strange Helovian culture, and had explained perfectly enough the bond uniting an animal such as Sitka, to its horse. A respectful breath followed, wordless but museful. Perhaps one day she would find the other piece of her heart- the part which before Helovia, she had not even realised was missing.

Hi Cirrus, Sitka.” The young horse called quickly, undoubtedly delighted to see the duo. Face to face (comfortably) with Africa, the other mare paused her step and asked, "Have you lost someone?". “No, no.” The grey mare giggled lightly, lifting her pallid face away from a sudden onslaught of internal guilt, and she thought aloud- “well yes, I suppose. But I will return to Ahi’s side as soon as I can- his health improves by the day!” As her eyes opened, bright and without shame, they resumed their wonderstruck hold on Cirrus’s unusually hued coat. She wondered in fleeting reflection how she could possibly have missed the bright, sky blue hue, and the patchwork of clouds that seemed to be... wait, shifting across the other mare's body. Africa blinked astonished, but dragged her wilful stare away to find the healer’s eyes.

Actually...” She began quietly, and while the determination remained she suddenly felt a little silly, unsure and nervous that her aspiration to one day heal for the Throat might be shunned. She took a steady breath. “... Well, Sohalia mentioned to me the other day that I might be able to visit you or Onni about studying to become a herd shaman.” Her face flushed hot with blood, but she held a brave level of poise outwardly. This was the beginning of her future after all, and first (or second) impressions surely counted.

"Thinking. Speaking. Acting."

Table Header credits go to baylee.
Pegasus icon lineart credits go to Tamme.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stripy Tights and Fairy Wings [Cirrus, Onni] - by Africa - 05-01-2013, 04:51 PM