[OPEN] Starting From Scratch [apprentice pupils, open]

Cera the Golden Prince Posts: 419
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Ilaria :: Red Panda :: Heal Brit

C e r a</style>
          & Ilaria
look around you; the world is beautiful

There is a motherly kindness to the beautiful ivory lass's face, and it warms Cera far more than the sun upon his spine ever could. He'd never had a motherly figure, and still lacked one. Something instinctive reaches out for her with a babe's arms, searching for the familiarity and love she seemed to radiate, something he so desperately craved. Midas was the best model he could hope to exemplify, but with so little time to spare between them, Cera and Ilaria were often left with only their thoughts beneath Fina's equally lonely eyes. It had led to many nights with Cera awake beneath his exhausted father's wing, bitter and unable to sleep. Often he'd slip from his grasp and embrace the dark skies above, wishing he didn't feel so old that tears seemed too hard to find. Cera managed, and with Ilaria and Fina he had resigned himself to rarely seeing the person he loved most in the world, the only person he wanted to make proud. Shaking himself internally he focused upon what a wonderful thing this was, to finally meet a Forger! He could become an apprentice once more! Cera's gushing is blind to him, but Sohalia manages to offer a quick conformation before he excitedly continued on, desperate to show her just how serious and passionate he was about the craft the Sun Lord had gifted them.

Her gentle chiding stopped him short, and he sheepishly grinned at her, unable to contain his glee despite the silence that accompanied her words. Sohalia, she introduces herself, and Cera commits it to his memory as fast as he is physically and mentally able, listening with such intentness you'd think he was preparing for a quiz upon her words. Flushing in pleasure that she was so pleased to have him as their apprentice, though he felt as if he'd lost half his seasons in age through his joy. Was this really how a yearling should act? He had become so much more mature, and yet here he was bouncing around like a colt! Sohalia didn't seem to mind, however. In fact she encourages him to show her his drawings, and Cera's breath left him in surprised delight. "Of course! Oh, and this is Ilaria," he finished in a calmer voice, his delirious happiness calming similarly. Turning he clattered down the metal ramp, knowing the sand would be the perfect drawing board for his well-practiced talent. Shifting his rump around to face Sohalia where she'd be descending as well, he began to drag his hoof through the sand in sharp, precise lines. He'd done this so many times, he could do it in his sleep. While he did, he began to speak.

"So, our old Forger was more interested in imperialism and design, but of course we need the foundation for that first, so I think that would be best before we waste energy on useless fancies." The dragon head he'd designed, as well as many of the details, had been rather awe-inspiring and Cera did enjoy them. However, he was a quick learner and knew that if they wanted a wall that was sturdy, but one that could be erected in a timely manner, they couldn't splurge too much too soon. "The walkways and the ramps are going to be slick when the metal is smooth, maybe we could add some ridging in places to keep injuries from happening?" By then he'd completely drawn out the design in thorough detail, painstakingly clear. It covered a rather large portion of the sand, and he'd moved and danced around it in a practiced flow as he created it. Finished he glanced up to Sohalia with a gentle smile. "And that's the wall! I think extending what's already made to where the gate will start is the most important for now?" Phrasing it as a question in order to not seem like he was undermining her authority, his attention was soon drawn away by the approach of two other figures.

Turning, Cera gazed upon the grey stallion with interest and unfamiliarity. Nevertheless the man delivered his name in a timely manner without leaving Cera hanging for very long. He spoke with Sohalia first, and Cera curiously eyed the little filly at his side, a shadow. Ilaria had finally warmed to Sohalia when she'd pleased her prince so thoroughly, and purred oddly at the creamy doll until she realized there were even more people to judge. Valentine soon turned to Cera, addressing him directly, and the patchy colt smiled easily. "Thank you, sir Valentine. I'm Cera, Midas' son. This is Ilaria, my companion. It's a pleasure to meet you," he spoke easily, glad to have calmed before more company arrived. It was rather odd to be called handsome, if only because he hung around Midas more than any other, but it was a wonderful sensation that arose in his belly so he did not complain and embraced it wholeheartedly. At last his cinnamon lurker is named, and yet she darts beneath the solidarity of Valentine's presence the moment she is announced.

Cera had more than plenty experience with shy foals, and stepped just a little closer, head bowing to see beneath Valentine at the pretty filly hiding away in his shadow. Smiling as warm as the sun, he mentally nudged Ilaria and she plopped upon his brow, cooing at the child in her strange sounds, tail flicking pleasantly as her cocoa eyes sparkled at the idea of her prince having a playmate. "Hi there, I'm Cera. Aiko, right? I promise I'm not scary, I'd really like to be friends. Are you here to help too?" That is answered for him when Valentine beckons her to his side to aid him in melding yet another warped piece of ore to the structure. Cera straightened to his full height once more and turned to Sohalia with a smile. "What do you ask of me, Miss Sohalia?"

This had to be one of the best days of his life.

image credits
table by whit
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Starting From Scratch [apprentice pupils, open] - by Cera - 07-09-2013, 01:49 AM