the Rift

[OPEN] Confirmation [Roland/Arah/Archi/Psyche + others]

Psyche the DarkEmpress Posts: 380
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 8 (ages in Orangemoon) Buff: ENDURE
RayoDeSoleil
THE PLAGUE
Psyche

Somehow the shadow-mare felt that, in another life, she and Ophelia could have been as close as family ought to be. Although their beliefs differed on a certain level - Ophelia was clearly disturbed by the Basin's treatment of that bastard foal of d'Artagnan's, for example - it would seem that she was not against the Empress' wishes. Would she give them the troops they had requested, if she was in charge of their soldiers? Maybe. At the very least, she fought for what she believed in, just as they did. It was evident in her cool words to the doctor. Her agreement did not come as any great shock to the Dark Empress. It only confirmed the thoughts that had just crossed her mind. Ophelia's assurance of confidentiality did set her mind at ease, though she knew not to place much trust in the younger fae.

Her niece respected her, and as such she had gained her aunt's respect. The shade harbored no particular dislike of the Chieftess. In another world, she might have been the Lady's right hoof mare. But this world was not that, and here, the jackal could only nod regally. The large hornless brute, however, earned himself nothing but a cold glare from the Empress. His words were a warning, and one that she did not appreciate on her grounds. For one accepting payment, he certainly did not know how to behave. Had Ophelia selected him as a companion, or had he been forced upon her by her considerably duller sister? Psyche would never know. "This contract," she began sharply, her vocals icy, "has not been fully formed as yet. I'm afraid that my request must have been misunderstood." She smiled at Archibald, but it did not touch her eyes. "I would caution you to reserve your threats for neutral soil if you wish to set foot on it again, particularly considering that we are paying you."

Deimos, too, had spoken similar thoughts, though not in so many words, prior to her dangerously quiet commentary. d'Artagnan, too, offered a bit of a snap toward the brute, though he masked it beneath a jokester's grin. Though she knew their allegiance lay with the herd and not necessarily with her, she was grateful for their support nonetheless. Amber gaze returned to Ophelia. It was neutral once more, and she spoke to the Chieftess with a calm tone that did not betray her fury with the Dauntless. "I shall accompany you to the Foothills in order to clarify my request. I'm afraid that something was lost in translation, through no fault of Arah and Roland. Perhaps a more personal meeting would prove more successful. As to looking into my mind, you will find only plans to prepare for any outcome that may arise in regards to the Dragon's Throat. Shall we?" With that, she gestured to the pass into the Steppe, from which she had only just come moments before.

"Talk talk talk."
CRUX
Image Credit
[Image: psycheicon.png]

Please feel free to tag me in all replies!
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Confirmation [Roland/Arah/Archi/Psyche + others] - by Psyche - 06-05-2013, 08:06 PM