the Rift

Sunfall

Rishima Posts: 137
World's Edge Moon Advocate
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2 :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Kali :: Common Griffin :: Draining Clutch Charks
I gazed back at Kri, letting her friendly manner and polite words wash through my mind. She smiles at me as though we were friends - not that I am averse to the idea. Lady knows I could use more friends, and the alliance between this leader and my sister did, I suppose, forge some sort of connection between us. I can muster up little more than a faint smile for the painted lady, a gentle curve against an angular facade, although my mind held no hostility, only searching curiosity. What did I find so oddly unnerving about her address? Maybe it was being called miss. I have never taken well to being addressed with formality, especially by somebody whose attitude is so...

Oh. That might explain it. I wanted to laugh as I realized why Kri had not used my name - she did not know it.

Neither of them did. I had missed that part of the conventional conversation, and I had stupidly assumed Kri placed a name upon my figure during Mirage's meeting, the way I had for her. Sadly, it was a common mistake I made - I have been told I posses an uncanny knack for identifying those I have met for minutes. It was a fortunate talent at times, but occasionally made for situations such as this. Krishna had introduced himself twice already; Kri... I had inadvertently introduced her, had I not? Not that I particularly cared if these two knew the name I was given at my birth; I merely cared to be called 'miss' less.

These thoughts flashed through my mind in a moment, quickly pursued by a second thought: why does it even matter? Wryly, I smiled, nearly imperceptible against the smooth darkness of my expression. It did not matter; I was simply trying to kill time while Kri explained her homeland. I had not tuned out her voice, I simply filtered it, letting the facts I knew already pass me by and snatching up new bits of information like a greedy child. I find it interesting that she stressed the freedom of movement granted to those who chose to live within the land; personally, I should have been more surprised, and taken aback, if she had stated the opposite to be true. Was this a way to advertise her land as a contender against the Qian? Had she encountered herds where the members were confined to one place, stripped of the will to wander? The idea repulsed me.

Personally, I was among the few who felt no particular desire to inhabit a herdland. I knew that Mirage grew weary of having no place to call home; with her likelihood to procreate quickly approaching - and oh, wasn't that a worrisome thought? - who could blame her? I knew, of course, some extent of her plans, but they did not particularly affect me. For me, home was wherever I slept on a given night. The comfort of having my family there when I awoke was a perk, but one I had long gone without.

Kri spoke of family, too, of her herd being family. I blink at this, shifting uncomfortably against the idea, shifting my crown so that the long tendrils of ivory that threatened to blockade my sight might shift. Perhaps I was simply too long a nomad, but I could never see those I did not know - and know well - as family. For me, family was Mirage, was Madyrn and Maskan, and was a smattering of others I had met throughout my long life, the few who I felt I knew on more than just a superficial level. Perhaps this added to my lack of fascination with the idea of a herd. Perhaps I was just soulless.

Perhaps you're being melodramatic.

Dark eyes move back to Krishna as Kri's voice fades, and I wonder if I could ever care for this stallion; could call him family, or friend. I wonder if I shall have the chance to find out. "You speak so charmingly of your home, Kri, that I grow tempted to visit it myself." Although I speak in teasing tones, the words hold a grain of truth. I return to Krishna, hoping I can do a somewhat decent job of explaining the Qian to him. "As I have said, the Qian is not defined by any one place; in part because we have no place, although Mirage is... keen, on changing that." A smile accompanies my words, dark tones informative and relaxed. "At this point, however, should you chose to join us, you are more than welcome to take up residence wherever you might choose. The Qian, too, offers family; and the chance to be a part of something..." I falter. To be honest, I have no idea what I am rambling on about, but I cannot let that into my voice. For Mirage, I will end strongly. "Something unique. Companionship, loyalty, and freedom." I lift my head slightly, calm and confident and secretly pleased that I am so tall. Hopefully this will suffice.

[ ooc || This is a rambling trainwreck, I'm sorry xD ]

Messages In This Thread
Sunfall - by Krishna - 07-18-2012, 10:14 PM
RE: Sunfall - by Rishima - 07-18-2012, 11:51 PM
RE: Sunfall - by Krishna - 07-19-2012, 02:24 AM
RE: Sunfall - by Kri - 07-19-2012, 07:44 PM
RE: Sunfall - by Rishima - 07-20-2012, 05:47 PM
RE: Sunfall - by Krishna - 07-20-2012, 10:31 PM
RE: Sunfall - by Kri - 07-21-2012, 12:14 AM
RE: Sunfall - by Rishima - 07-21-2012, 03:36 PM
RE: Sunfall - by Krishna - 07-22-2012, 05:25 PM
RE: Sunfall - by Kri - 07-24-2012, 01:48 PM