[FINISHED] All I've Got Is Insane

Voodoo Posts: 231
Outcast atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: Eight :: Birdsong HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Ouija :: Arctic Fox :: None Nevada

[Image: w2oojd.png]
i push my fingers into my eyes
it's the only thing that slowly stops the ache

"Swear on it?" my breath was short from the game of chase. A short pause; "Of course, silly." She moved away, the last time I saw her. If only I knew that. Her mane, long and nearly perfect white, drug across the emerald tainted ground. Mother. Why had she left? It was so long ago, I hadn't even remembered. A black wolf: ivory teeth bared, the ends stained in red. Mother's scream. Telling me to run. But she had just told me to calm down, it was almost time for bed. Running. Flailing, lanky legs. Heart beating so fast. What was happening? The wolf, it cut me off, snarling. Mother's blood soaked in its black and gray muzzle. My muscles all clench tightly.

My body lurched, tearing me from the nightmare. Sweat drenched my dark pelt, covering every square inch that it could. I looked like my father with this black pelt. How I hated him. Breathing heavily with my heart racing, I brought myself to dizzy feet, shaking my mane from my saturated neck. Why did this always happen? Taunting me in the only time of peace I had. Why didn't They help me? The gods had to know of this torture. What were they to do about it? Nothing so far. I couldn't -no- wouldn't be selfish, others could be in worse predicaments. This is something I can challenge myself.

The cold night wind licked at my wet body, causing a hard shiver to ripple over my shoulders and the left portion of my barrel. Hopefully there weren't any nosy fuckers around. This was surely not the mood to stumble across me in. My long legs carry me forward, darkness evading my vision. Nights like this always left me with a sleepless night. Shadows danced off of trees, casting themselves across the lush ground. Red eyes watched the ground for a pleasant looking cluster of vegetation.

I spotted a small bunch of grass, the depth of my rib cage growling on queue. The night air revealed nothing by myself and a few stragglers, but they didn't seem to close. Red tipped ears rotated, searching for anything out of the ordinary, but finding nothing. Thank the Gods. My neck curved and dropped, allowing my muzzle to dip into the dew covered grass. It must have been nearing morning, as the condensation usually didn't develop until the coldest point of the night, which was almost always near morning.

I lipped the vegetation, pulling it from its' roots in mouthfuls. No flavor, as always. I could not taste. Why? Good question, I wish I had known. Moisture, I could feel it. This was satisfying at the least. Though I shouldn't complain; my sense of smell was so much better due to this. That's what Mother and Father had told me anyhow. I could always smell what they couldn't. I could feel my stomachs were satisfied for now, leaving me with nothing to do.

I brought my head back up, letting a sigh roll from my narrow chest. I was built like Mother: the perfect Thoroughbred, I would always be proud of that. The red markings on my mug were tinted dark red like fresh blood due to the water that stuck to me from the grass. Does every one else notice things like this? I am much to over-observant.

This land was for newcomers, I was told that by Mother. We had always traveled the outskirts of what they called Helovia. Never did I think I would be here one day. Possibly to find a mare, keep my lineage going. Unlikely still. That would happen in the future, maybe.

Hour passed slowly. So slowly in fact, that I felt as if I were completely aged as they sun began to swallow the tops of the trees that towered above my head. I moved to a tree, rubbing my left hindquarter on it's bark and leaving a few hairs on it. They shouldn't be falling out? The cold months were coming, not going. Curious, but I wouldn't keep it on my mind all day.

EVERYTHING YOU'RE RUNNING AWAY FROM
IS IN YOUR HEAD
[Image: 5389e9aca8b63]
Please tag him in every post!

Messages In This Thread
[FINISHED] All I've Got Is Insane - by Voodoo - 04-25-2013, 07:38 PM
RE: All I've Got Is Insane [OPEN] - by Chemical - 04-25-2013, 11:10 PM
RE: All I've Got Is Insane [OPEN] - by Voodoo - 04-26-2013, 01:39 AM
RE: All I've Got Is Insane [OPEN] - by Descaro - 04-26-2013, 08:47 AM
RE: All I've Got Is Insane [OPEN] - by Chemical - 04-27-2013, 11:52 AM