the Rift

[OPEN] Blood From A Bitten Tongue. [Lakota, Ktulu and Open]

Hana Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

The wait was short, and for the young lightly shaded mare she felt pain with every passing moment, pain from missing her sister so deeply. Her position was solid however, able to notice even the tiniest of movements and she did not move. It was as if even her smallest joints where locked together in a mixture of anticipation and fear. Then finally movement, a flash of ruby as her eyes flicked over to the slowly approaching figure. The distance did not disclose the identity of the figure. She knew the walk, the shape, the size and the smell. Lakota approached her moving strong and as confident as Hana remembered. The emotions that rang through her sisters eyes, however told another side of the story and Hana had no trouble in reading each emotion. Her ruby eyes never left her sister purple ones. The emotions swirling around Hana's chest were a irrational mixture of love, fear betrayal, hope and pure joy at seeing her sister again. Through her peripheral vision she noticed the white smudge they as the party of two drew closer, soon formed the shape of a polar bear cub. Hana would worry about the question for that later, for now the young gray roan sabino mare was worrying about the wrath of her sister. While she felt like squirming under her sister's uncomfortable gaze, she realised her plan had failed. Disappointment surged through her, her sister was now involved in the meeting with Ktulu, her head was on the chopping block with Hana's.

Hana's own expression remained neutral, a mask with only the slightest hint of pain in her eyes. Once her sister stopped before her, striking a pose that clarified her power over Hana, the dainty mare had to resist the urge to shrink back from her sister's disappointment. Tears of hurt pride and feelings started to burn at the back of her eyes, but Hana refused to let them fall. Instead she puffed out her own chest and used her height to make herself seem slightly more impressive. Hana would not be pushed around, her stubbornness came from who knows where? Her sister's harsh words, were spoken with a bitter coldness. Did her absence from her sister's side cause hate for Hana, to spring up within her sisters heart? Hana did no speak for a few moments, hurt twisted around her heart. The need to cry was almost overwhelming, Hana however waited for her emotions to settle then she pulled her eyes out of her sisters gaze and looked down to the cub at her feet. Curiously she sniffed at it's sent from a distance, cautious as ever. With Lakota you never knew what dark secrets her sister was hiding. While Hana trusted her sister, she did not entirely trust the things or animals her sister kept for company.

It was cute though, so she gave it a quick smile before facing her darker sister. "You speak to me so harshly Kota," her voice shock ever so quietly. A gentle clearing at the base of her throat and her ruby eyes aimed to lock back onto her elder sisters eyes. The desire to cry vanished, hurt only replaced it. "I went off to search for Alleo, I thought I saw him...and I got lost." Hana's voice was soft, quiet like the whisper of summer breeze, the last word clearly held embarrassment. Her eyes looked into the distance now, resting behind her sister. Hana wondered if Lakota was replacing her real family with The Grey, trying to make a new home here, find more sisters. Hana's eyes fell downcast and hurt filled her voice. "Have you replaced Alleo and I already then sister?" Hana asked in a wavering voice. She found herself flicking her tail in agitation at the very idea of herself being replaced. Her eyes snapped back up to her sister's face. "I did not mean to hurt you Kota. You know that I love you." That was all Hana could offer, her love. Gently she took a few steps closer to her sister, the desire to touch her and hold her was almost taking over her. Their private meeting was cut short however, Ktulu appeared, making Hana give Kota one last appealing look towards her sister before turning and facing the mare she feared.

The leader's own bear took Katoa's out in a tackle, Hana watched them for a moment, no bond to tell her if they where playing or fighting. Concern settled on her lips for a moment but as they rushed off together Hana felt the tinniest bit of relief. This feeling was squashed however once her ruby eyes looked upon Ktulu again. As the black mare released her anger onto Hana, the young mare found herself physically shrinking back into herself. Hana's ruby eyes where wide as horrified at the words the Chieftess was speaking. Her sister presence vanished completely from her mind during her rather public shaming, Hana felt tears well up in her eyes again but she once again refused to them the fall. Her weakness was short lived though, "Chieftess, please, while I have no right to, I implore you to listen to me." Hana pretended that Alleo was there whispering help into her ear. Relax, and Hana did just so uncurling from herself and standing tall but submissive in front of Ktulu. Deep breath, she sucked in a large breath of air quietly and exhaled. Now explain everything as best you can, Hana looked at Ktulu and began. "As you know, our brother has been missing for a while now." She glanced to Kota her oringial question still in her eyes 'Have you replaced Alleo and I already then sister?' Hana knew that Lakota would be able to read what was in her eyes. "I believed I saw him in the forest where we where residing shortly after I joined The Grey." Blocking the memory of the horse she believed to be her brother from her mind, Hana continued. "After a while the forest turned black with night, nothing was as I remebered it and I could no longer find my way...home." Hana shivered remembering her panic, the fear the rang in her eyes. Screaming her sisters name, then calling out for anyone...anything thing to find her. She was terrified during her first night out alone in the open, after a while she had gotten used to it. "Please believe me, I've been trying all this time to find my way back. I realise that I deserted you for my own personal quest, I now beg of you both to take me back and grace me with any punishment you see fit." Aware of the fact that she had just willing put out herself up for punishment...probably a public punishment, Hana looked to her sister. She was hopeful that maybe somewhere deep inside her, Kota would find it within herself to help her sister. Her blood sister. Even if it was just a small gesture that lead to Hana's public humiliation, she would be ever so grateful of her sister. Neves fluttered in her chest again, standing alone was a new thing to Hana still. All her life she had somebody protecting her. Now however she hoped that both mares would be able to take her back, she would volunteer her services to They Grey again. This time she would actually be around to heal the wounded. Hana knew that no doubt The Grey would make another contract soon. Then they would need her healing powers. Nothing would stop Hana this time, this time she would be loyal.

HANA
And I won't lie they keep me on my toes these days.

image credits
table by whit

Messages In This Thread
RE: Blood From A Bitten Tongue. [Lakota, Ktulu and Open] - by Hana - 04-29-2013, 09:40 PM