the Rift

[OPEN] Blood From A Bitten Tongue. [Lakota, Ktulu and Open]

Hana Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Hana's excuses where made, and now she dropped her eyes and bowed her head ready to receive the punishment she deserved. Expecting only Ktulu to speak to her now, when her sister's tones filled the air Hana's eyes snapped up to her face. Happiness surged through her, yes, even after all Hana had done to Lakota, her sister was coming through for her. The mask she wore was solid for a moment but Hana knew her eyes where sparkling at her elder sister. First her sister's harsh tones spoke about her magic, how she had not been around to heal those who needed it. Named and shamed Hana gave a slight nod, understanding the pain and panic they must have felt when they're weren't enough enough healers to go around all at once. Hana knew that they already had medics, her sister was one, however she wanted to be a medic. That was her use, when she healed others she felt like she had a reason for living, that her life's purpose was to help others. It made her feel...good.

Yes, she did tell the other two mares to grace her with any punishment they wanted. Expecting the worse of it to be made to go around waiting on others, healing those who needed it, the grey mare waited. Helping out before actually being trusted with anything made the most sense to the young healer. As Lakota looks over to Ktulu obviously to give Hana her punishment, her own ruby eyes flicked to the fearsome leader. A frown creased her forehead when Kota's tones where in the air again. Her sister required her to do something before she was willing to accept the apology. A slight tilting of the head as her ruby gaze looked over her sister's face trying to figure out where this was heading. Three Spars and no healing. She could not help the betrayal that she knew was on her face. So it may have been stupid to believe that her sister would help her not make the situation worse, but she had not expected this. Why would Lakota be doing this to her? Hana found herself trying to figure out her sister's mind. There was two betrayals here, the betrayal of Hana leaving and the betrayal of Kota not siding with her sister. As her guard was down, dwelling in her sister's mindset a single tear escaped Hana's eye, she hid it however by looking downcast and shaking it away.

She didn't understand why Lakota wanted this but she understood that it wouldn't be without reason. She chose to remain silent, not wanting to make her sisters anger worse, or Ktulu's for that matter because now the leader was speaking. The cheiftess gave her another spar, the urge to cry was becoming overwhelming. So much fear and horror was circulating around the silent mare. However the threat that was passed to Hana scared her more than the four spars she was now facing, Ktulu lived up to her reputation. Doubt did not once cross her mind about the truthfulness of her words. "Understood Ktulu." As the darker mare left her ruby eyes turned to her sister. She gingerly took a step over the border. Concern was filling her body as she took another one. She was expecting to be screamed at again, informed that she was not welcome, a betrayer, a deserter. When none came and her body was completely into the foothills border she relaxed. Ignoring her sister, hurt pride mostly being to blame, Hana walked a littler further into the foothills. Turning back she faced her sister. "You must have a death wish for me Kota." Her hurt eyes tried to catch her sister's gaze, but she spoke as if she was lightly kidding. Her tone was light friendly and open. "I understand why you set me up for those spars and at the same time I do not." Understanding grew with time, and even with time it was still a difficult thing to come by. Their sisterhood had been brief and their time together also, always seemed to be cut short.

Hana's light footsteps continued for a few more moments and then she stopped. A feeling a safety did not grace the young mare. In fact she felt as if she was being watched by unseen eyes. Hatred at her actions stabbed her in the gut and she felt like screaming. Anger began bubbling in her gut as she thought about the impending spars that her sister had set on her. She didn't know how to fight, she didn't want to be crushed by stronger, faster and more skilled fighters. Hana knew she wouldn't win anyone of the matches, Kota and Ktulu also must know it. However even more than the spars, her anger was centred at the fact the she had been banded from using her healing magic. She would not be able to heal herself at all, not even between fights. Not even after the spars? Her ruby eyes where downcast to hide her fears and anger, as soon as her sister was to look upon them she would also know what Hana was feeling. "Well this is just lovely." The tone had changed with her feeling now, angry and sarcastic. "I'll just head off now and get my arse handed to me so you can forgive me." She was acting like a brat, she knew it. However Hana no longer cared. Her eyes where on the horizon and her heart was pumping loudly in her ears. "It's just how I pictured our charming reunion Kota."

She could no longer stop the tears, a burning at the back of her throat started and the tears fell onto her cheek. They where a relief and Hana found her ager ebbing away only to be replaced with the horror of the situation she now found herself in. With no more biting words for her sister, only an honest question remained for her. "Are you even glad to see me at all Lakota?" The disappointment rang loud and clear in her voice and the awareness level of her tail flicking in agitation was minimal. "If you want me to walk away now, so you never have to lay eyes on me again." Just thought thought of it broke her heart. "I'll understand." She was a coward and didn't want to face those in a spar match. Even more than that she would not swallow her hurt pride and ask her sister's for advice in the ring. Going into the battle blind seemed a whole lot better than facing her sister for such a serious conversation. However would facing her sister in a spar help them work out some of their issues? She now looked over her more skilled sister. "Maybe Kota, you'll feel better if you're the first one to hand my arse to me." Hana didn't mention the fact that Ktulu had been the first one just by speaking to her.

HANA
And I won't lie they keep me on my toes these days.

image credits
table by whit

Messages In This Thread
RE: Blood From A Bitten Tongue. [Lakota, Ktulu and Open] - by Hana - 04-30-2013, 11:41 PM