the Rift

[OPEN] A Falling Star
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

As was her way, she wandered from the herd to a secluded place, using the magic of her title to disappear entirely. Only lightly, cloven shaped depressions in the grass gave away her location, easily missed on this cloudy evening. Surrounded by eager faces as she experienced the pain of childbirth was not an event she was looking forward to, so she altered her choices to experience this natural step in life alone. She preferred it that way with her thoughts as her guide and years of evolution to tell her how to perform.

A pressure formed in her hips that she was unable to shake as she walked toward the mountains, hiding in their shadow while mists from the water fall cast a veil on her figure. Now, to wait. Ophelia released the magic from her figure and the moon hit the shards of stone that still clung to her mane and tail, making it sparkle and reflect in the moonlight. A cool, orangemoon breeze ran over her pale skin, making her feel more alive than she felt in a long, long time.

Finally, the ache became too much to bear for standing, and she was tempted to touch the amulet around her neck that the Time God had given her, but she resisted. Pain was another way to experience living, and she would not cry out nor yearn for better comforts. Carefully, she lowered her pregnant form to the grass and closed her eyes, tucking her cloven hooves beneath her. The movement in her sides made her smile. The entity inside her was about to become a member of this world and the heavens, forever in the middle, just like her.

A sharp pain radiated through her gut, and she knew that it was time. Ophelia grit her teeth tightly against the pressure, but she pushed, determined to ensure the precious being a safe passage into life. Every second of startling pain imprinted into her mind, but as soon as the pressure subsided, she knew that every burst of agony was worth the struggle. Phi lifted her shoulders from the ground, craning her elegant neck to glance behind her, trying to see the beautiful gift nature and Time had granted her, and she was not disappointed.

She was a remarkably stocky thing, Phi noticed with a smile. The creature held a mostly pale form, like herself, with cleft toes and mane and stubby tail with dashes of iridescent black. On her top half was the same charcoal with a strange, azure sheen. She was indeed the child of the God of Time and herself, the colors arraying themselves in a beautiful harmony of both of their appearances.

Carefully, Ophelia shifted her weight and gingerly stood, wandering over slowly and gently to press her gray muzzle to the child. With her tongue, she cleaned the wet, scrawny creature, hoping she would dry before the cold became too great. "Happy birthday, Roskuld," she murmured quietly, her chime-like voice delicately touching the winds.

The sun began to rise slowly, replacing stars with a pink sky and dimming the shimmer of her mane and tail. A warmth settled over the Foothills, and she tried to encourage her daughter to stand with a gentle but firm nudge. Perhaps then, she could present the angel of sparks to the rest of the herd; or maybe, since day had risen, they would be able to find her, mists subsiding with the heat of day.

[OOC: Happy birthday, Roskuld! :D Phi pretty much snuck off to give birth, but now it's open! Roskuld first, por favor.]

COME TO ME
we run away forever from this misery

tangled-stock | Salsola stock

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
A Falling Star - by Ophelia - 04-26-2013, 03:36 PM
RE: A Falling Star - by Roskuld - 04-26-2013, 06:20 PM
RE: A Falling Star - by Mesec - 04-26-2013, 07:53 PM
RE: A Falling Star - by Ktulu - 04-27-2013, 02:48 PM
RE: A Falling Star - by Hototo - 05-06-2013, 01:46 PM
RE: A Falling Star - by Ophelia - 05-11-2013, 04:45 PM
RE: A Falling Star - by Roskuld - 05-12-2013, 08:34 PM
RE: A Falling Star - by Mesec - 05-18-2013, 05:05 AM