the Rift

[OPEN] Long Time Gone

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

THOR
As the mists curled up around my knees, I became vaguely aware that the heart of summer was beginning to vanish and the cool of fall and winter was soon to approach. I hadn’t yet been ready to see the warmer months fade, but as every season ended a new one was always waiting to replace it.

I had been lucky enough to acquire Essetia’s company that morning during a routine patrol but she had run off sometime in the midst of it in favor of rolling around with Romul in the tall grasses. I longed for the simplicity of her life and the ease of her nature- she was always so unaffected. I pondered what life might feel like to be so unaware and uncaring and then I realized that it would be lonely. Essetia had Tamira and I to coddle her and love her when she persisted, but as an adult, I simply couldn’t see the likelihood of being catered to.

I envied my daughter for her simplicity, but I did not envy it enough to seek its replication.

As I followed diligently along the beaten path that many warriors before me had done as well, I wondered where I would have ended up if I had believed in such a duty. Would I spend every morning and evening pacing the same line, revisiting the same set of footprints? I couldn’t imagine where I would be if it were not for Mirage’s faith in me- her trust that I would be able to lead alongside her as her equal. Though, at times I still felt inadequate and while many of my fellow family members supported me, I still got the sense that I was not as prevalent here as I would have liked. Over time I knew that I would be recognized for my patience, but it was now just becoming a question of when?

The scent that often accompanied those of the Edge was something unlike anything other. It was sweet and light and often salty. We were made of the air and the mists and the waves below the cliff and I was happy that I had been able to call this my home since stumbling into the Threshold last FrostFall. However, my comfort here had also allowed me to detect when those not of my herd lie in wait along my borders. That’s not to say that every outsider was deviant or malicious, but with so many threats made at the Edge’s safety, it was all I could do to avoid charging at the pleasant white mare that now stood upon my doorstep.

However, now that we had imprisoned Ignita, I felt a little better about approaching her with a smile. She was a curious looking creature, for her face was marked with a fragile curve of ink. I wondered if the symbol held any meaning, but then rethought how I might look staring at her with wide eyes as if trying to implore her for waiting patiently for someone to assist her.

Great way to make an ass of myself.

I don’t suppose you’re just here for pleasure, so is there something I can help you with?” I didn’t feel the need to add just who I was or why I cared about her presence in my home because I decided that I would let this mare figure it out for herself, after all, they were often very intellectual creatures. She would understand in time.
it used to be the reason I breathed but now it's choking me up
die young and save yourself

background pattern by gripspix @ flickr.com
codes by whit

OOC| Derp at this post. The next one will be better I promise. xD

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
Long Time Gone - by Query - 04-26-2013, 06:50 PM
RE: Long Time Gone - by Thor - 05-02-2013, 12:30 AM
RE: Long Time Gone - by Sakura - 05-08-2013, 01:39 AM
RE: Long Time Gone - by Solstice - 05-08-2013, 09:45 PM
RE: Long Time Gone - by Query - 05-10-2013, 09:24 PM