the Rift

[PRIVATE] we were tall as trees.

Hototo Posts: 96
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2hh :: 3 years
Boom Boom!
HOTOTO</style>
   HE WHO IS BRAVE IS FREE.</style>

I am crossing my legs, my wings, my ears, and my eyes hoping that mother does not know about my recent galavant to the Throat. She likely noticed my absence, as it was a long travel, but I hope that she will not question me when I say I was just playing in the mountains on the outskirts of our territory. I have become such a bad child, truly, these past couple of months. Lying to mother, who would have thought.

I do feel ashamed that it has come to this, but I am a growing boy. My mind as well as my body, which seems to gain a few inches every time I gaze at my reflection. More and more, I begin to doubt the word I followed thoughtlessly just months ago. Ktulu's word, formerly law, now seemed like guidelines, but even those lines were beginning to blur. I remember not so clearly my childish memories of her, but I remember the fervorent love I held her with. Her dark figure now seems more shady than previously, and the crimson eyes that peer out gently toward me turn cold when they glance elsewhere. How had I not noticed before? Of course, I still love my mother. There will never be a time when my heart does not favor her over all others. Maybe, what I am trying to say, is that I am growing up.

I am not blind the world's darkest corners anymore. For all of the beauty within this earth, I am beginning to think there are also unspeakably ugly things. What else could cool the gaze of mother, who I thought of as so warm? What else could pull the former residents of the Foothills from their homes? What else could cause the fear in Midas's chest when Cera and I were in potential danger? Surely, for all of the brilliance, there is also darkness.

Maybe, I am just beginning to notice them.

Anyway, as I said, I waltz back into the farthest southern, eastern border, trying to hide in the trees until I am safe within the boundaries of our home and far away from the wrath of my dearest mother when she finds out I wondered off alone again. When the sounds of the great waterfall can be heard in the distance, I finally step out into an area of lush grass and rolling hills. I had thought many times since we came to live here that the Foothills are beautiful. They remind me very much of the earth, which mother claims is tied to me. I still do not know, but I remember the dark mare saying that my voice can move it. Faelene. I think they are both wrong. I am not something special.

I am just an ornery, growing, finally seeing for the first time... boy.

[ For Ktulu & family. ]
""

Stock Providers: Horse, Wings, and Background.

Messages In This Thread
we were tall as trees. - by Hototo - 04-27-2013, 04:13 PM
RE: we were tall as trees. - by Ktulu - 04-27-2013, 04:45 PM
RE: we were tall as trees. - by Hototo - 05-06-2013, 12:35 PM
RE: we were tall as trees. - by Ktulu - 05-08-2013, 06:34 PM