Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven
[Image: 515b833f251f3]

Look down
The ground below is crumbling
Look up
The stars are all exploding

With lasting interest, patient and growing as the seconds passed, Africa watched with unspoken delight as Manami fussed tenderly over a hedgy bush, teeming with splendid purple blooms. The mare’s black coat glistened beneath the flimsy gold sheen as she inhaled deeply the fresh sweet taste of pollen, disturbed into lazy flight by the brush of enthusiastic, adoring muzzle- in the same moment she also replied, "thank you Africa. Although I had my doubts I do believe that I will be quite happy here." Africa’s ears leaned against the graciousness of her guest’s tone, and a flutter of warmth tickled through the pulse of her young heart.

Africa’s keen pale eyes watched curiously the longing in Manami’s own, as she stole a second and seemingly conclusive glance, at the decorated bush. Then their gaze met and the dapple grey mare grinned affectionately. "Perhaps you would be so kind as to give me the grand tour? I would love to see more of the Throat.” The other horse suggested, with a patient flick of her thick dark copper tinged tail, and for the first time Africa noticed, shamelessly tilting her face a little to see better, that it was interlaced with small charcoal feathers- similar to those tucked intimately beneath the pit of her own wing.

Of course!” Africa chimed perhaps a little overzealously. Truly, there was nothing she could imagine enjoying more than showing Manami through the diverse, unique culture of their Throat. “I would be more than happy to try to answer any questions too.” She did not say that her expertise was significantly limited; the somewhat childlike mare never gave it a seconds thought- her attitude was charitable and presumably that would be all that mattered. “We should start at the beginning, I think.

Turning with languid grace across her hocks, Africa paused so that Manami might choose to walk by her side, rather than trailing behind and perhaps missing any details that the grey Pegasus thought to explore and explain. Naturally, she imagined the first point of any guided tour should be the front door- or half-assembled (if that) wall flanking the borderline of their home, to be correct. It would not seem like a long walk if their pace was brisk.

Africa’s unscathed hooves cut through the yielding sand with ease and after much practice walking through the slippery hot substrate, her balance was maintained effortlessly- even if her wings were ever so slightly ajar to support. They had covered the shifting surface of perhaps two large dunes outside the oasis, and by that time the dappled mare was rather relieved she had come to land relatively close by the northern border when they had just previously arrived. The wall loomed aglow before them, basking in the concentrated heat of the midday desert sun, and shed only a small shadow close beside its rubble bed.

The Throat’s Forgers are building this wall to reinforce our boundary... ” She began quietly, with an unflatteringly grim undernote. She was utilising the information issued to her by Sohalia only a few weeks or so ago. “There is darkness and hate leaking from the north-most regions, and Kri, our lead Sultana has warned that our kin need to travel together in pairs at the very least.” Africa felt it to be her duty to caution Manami, especially when that racist bitterness had already directly threatened the young grey personally. The subject seemed easier while they were covering the matter of walls and protection anyway. “Anyhow, our army is fearsome I hear.” she added quickly, (thinking admiringly of Midas fighting atop that range, and blushing subtly as she did so) with a much lighter tone, “Let us move along!

Africa turned again after a lengthy pause spent allowing Manami to soak up the tour so far and ask any questions. It was time to leave the abandoned mass of enchanted blocks. “I will show you the lake now.

"Thinking. Speaking. Acting."

Table Header credits go to baylee.
Pegasus icon lineart credits go to Tamme.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Yeah, This Dream Keeps Us Together [Manami, Open] - by Africa - 04-30-2013, 03:34 AM