the Rift

[OPEN] Yeah, This Dream Keeps Us Together [Manami, Open]

Manami Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Manami

When Manami returned her full attention back to Africa she blushed slightly when she realized that the gray mare had been watching her the entire time and had seen her caressing the plants. Oh well, the other members of the Throat would just have to learn about her fondness for growing things and she would just have to endure their stares. “Of course!” Manami was startled slightly by Africa's exuberant words that caused her polite face to fall back into place when a moment ago she had been smiling without reserve. “I would be more than happy to try to answer any questions too. Nodding in response Nami allowed herself a small smile, "Thank you, I'd be much obliged."

“We should start at the beginning, I think.” A hidden smile curled Nami's lips, where else would they start? Moving to walk next to the gray mare Nami quickly figured out what was going to be the worst part of her new home... sand. Having no previous experience with the fluid crystals the coppery mare found herself grappling with the dunes while trying to semi-successfully hide her difficulty from Africa. She was a very proud mare and she hated to reveal her weaknesses in front of others, but she wasn't so proud as to not take a few hints from how Africa handled the sand. Viewing her out of the corner of her eye, she imitated how the dove gray femme kept her wings slightly ajar and found her balance much improved afterwards, though it would take some practice.

After two torturous hills of the thrice damned sand Manami stood in front of the beginning of what she had to admit was a pretty good start of a wall. Maybe these native equines could learn the advanced architecture of her old home. “The Throat’s Forgers are building this wall to reinforce our boundary... ” That was nothing new, everyone was always trying to keep everyone else out. “There is darkness and hate leaking from the north-most regions, and Kri, our lead Sultana has warned that our kin need to travel together in pairs at the very least.” As Africa spoke Nami kept one ear flicked towards her while she examined the wall.

Made of solid metal it shone in the midday sun and hurt her eyes to look at it for too long. Returning her brown optics to the much less blinding mare and cocked a hoof, desperately wishing for a breeze or something to cool her off. Being a black horse in a desert was going to be an absolute blast, almost as fun as the sand that was now getting into her feathers and causing a delightfully annoying itching sensation. “Anyhow, our army is fearsome I hear.” The sudden brightness of tone and blush that spread across the fae's face was enough to tell Manami that there was probably a certain someone who was part of that army whom Africa particularly admired. “Let us move along!” The sudden need to change subjects confirmed Nami's suspicions and she smiled knowingly although she groaned inwardly at the thought of traveling along more of sand.

Africa's next words cheered her up considerably. “I will show you the lake now.” Re-energized for the moment Nami moved to walk briskly next to the gray mare and allowed her tones to tumble into the dry desert air. "That would be wonderful, perhaps we could take a break there? I'm afraid my coloring isn't exactly the best for this blasting heat." Shaking out her mane to let the sweat slicked neck underneath breath for a moment while she smiled ruefully.

[ooc: Been busy, sorry for the wait. :)]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Yeah, This Dream Keeps Us Together [Manami, Open] - by Manami - 05-07-2013, 06:16 PM