the Rift

[OPEN] Yeah, This Dream Keeps Us Together [Manami, Open]

Manami Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Manami

Manami was extremely grateful when Africa turned around to bring her back to the oasis and eagerly started walking by her side. “My apologies...” Black harks flicked forward when the gray spoke, noting the tone of pensiveness in Africa's tones. “I suppose it would have been easier visiting the lake before anywhere else.” Ever polite and courteous, Manami shrugged and spoke in a mild voice, "It's quite alright my dear. I'm quite happy that you have shown me the wall, it is indeed quite impressive."

Falling into stride with Africa, Nami soon found out that trying to step in her footsteps did little to help with traction and soon gave up. When the dove femme muttered something about the heat and shade near the oasis Manami simply nodded, not having enough energy to do much else. Observing Africa with a quiet eye, Nami found herself admiring the younger mare's energy and enthusiasm to do well. The world could to well to have a few more gentle souls like her around even if she didn't seem to always think things through all the way.

“Do you have any interests? Ambitions or the like?” A sudden change came over Manami like someone had turned on the light switch. "Indeed I do. I have a great appreciation for flowers and in my old home I planted many gardens." The mare's chocolaty orbs were bright as she spoke, thinking about the vibrant plants that she had cultivated in Angbar. "I grew all of the favorites of course, roses, and lilacs and such however I will never find a more prefect flower, in my opinion at least, than lavender." Thinking of the dusky purple blooms made Manami sigh with wistfulness, how would she ever get them to bloom here? Returning her attention back to Africa, the coppery mare spoke once again, "How about you? Do you garden, or perhaps you have another interest?" Manami lapsed into silence to allow Africa to speak and listened intently.

At long last the ground solidified under their hooves and tenacious blades of grass started to appear until it was a rich carpet under them. When Africa dipped her head to nibble at the green Manami followed in suit, not remembering when she last had the chance to eat in peace. “There are not that many notable parts of our home, aside from the wall and the lake- the oasis. ” As she spoke, the breeze from her lips bent miniature white flowers back, and Manami's gaze was instantly drawn to them though she didn't immediately start cooing over them as Africa had began speaking again. “ So we could even finish if you wished.” Nodding to signal that she was good with that, Nami followed Africa to the edge of the lake and took her advise to walk carefully so as to not cause the edge to crumble.

Lowering her lips to the water, the ebony mare drank deep to get rid of the taste of sand in her mouth and replenish her parched tongue. When she was finished she shook out her wings and sent Africa a smile. "I do believe I'll go for a bit of a swim, care to join me? Trotting a little ways from the edge, she spread out her feathers to catch a small updraft so that she glided a foot above the lake until she finally slowed down enough the slip into the water with a contented sigh.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Yeah, This Dream Keeps Us Together [Manami, Open] - by Manami - 05-11-2013, 05:58 PM