Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven
[Image: 515b833f251f3]

Look down
The ground below is crumbling
Look up
The stars are all exploding

Africa was placidly oblivious to the spark which seemed to light within her company- emotional and emotive herself maybe, but not over perceptive or in tune to the world around her. That was unless she was basking in the many enduring friendships she managed with abundant flora and flowers, and the like. These were entities themselves in whose company the naive young horse had spent many of the hours in her life. "Indeed I do. I have a great appreciation for flowers and in my old home I planted many gardens," Manami replied, and the answer was met with a delighted glance. Seldom had she come across another who shared similar passion for the much neglected existence of plants. Really, her devotion had been quite the shameless secret.

"I grew all of the favorites of course, roses, and lilacs and such however I will never find a more prefect flower, in my opinion at least, than lavender." The coppery mare continued at length, the sudden enthusiasm in her voice a plague more or less, as the impressionable grey listened voraciously. "How about you? Do you garden, or perhaps you have another interest?" Africa paused thoughtfully. “Oh, I adore plants and flowers, but I have experienced nothing as fancy and exotic as those you mentioned.” Africa could only recall the last, lavender, and presumed it to be wonderfully large and leafy, blooming purple in the warm season. Her knowledge of flowers was more condensed, limited to those she had recently discovered; the natives which thrived throughout Helovia, and those blooms of Nyorm, her childhood residence. “I have never had success gardening, actually.” Perhaps that was the greatest difference in their common interest- to Africa, gardening seemed so glorious and formal, but in her reality, the modest mare was nothing of the sort. “I talk to them; tidy and trim them when they become dishevelled. You know...

Even in the company of Manami, who by the second seemed more sophisticated than anyone Africa had ever encountered, she remained contented within her own skin. She spoke of her friends devotedly and respectfully, as though conversing with vegetation were nothing remotely out of the ordinary. “Do you think maybe one day I could help you grow your flowers here?” She referred to the Throat with a blink and a subtle toss of her cranium. Africa knew many whom she was certain would lend seeds and cuttings. After all her work in the past months, tending them, it would only be fair.

--

Africa lifted her face from the cool, sweet water as Manami shook the dust from their trek from her glossy feathers. "I do believe I'll go for a bit of a swim, care to join me?” The dapple grey smiled warmly, appreciating the offer, but shaking her head apologetically at the same point. “I am tempted, but I must check on a friend, I’m sorry.” She was confident that Manami would be comfortable- even more so after her soak in the lake. “I am so glad to have met you.” It was an honest remark, and Africa genuinely hoped that some form of friendship might have been foundered in the hours since their meeting in the Threshold. A humble silence fell across her as she waited for any follow up from her new herd-sister.

I will find you again soon!” She called in finishing, as the black mare lounged through the water not far from the shore. “Bye...” After a moment’s hesitation, Africa turned again to leave both refreshed from her drink, and invigorated by their chance meeting.

[ooc: Pretty sure Africa is about to become a Basin prisoner :-| Sorry to wind the thread up so suddenly.]

"Thinking. Speaking. Acting."

Table Header credits go to baylee.
Pegasus icon lineart credits go to Tamme.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Yeah, This Dream Keeps Us Together [Manami, Open] - by Africa - 05-13-2013, 10:50 PM