the Rift

[DROP] Quest Drop #5 Earth | Water

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

God of the Earth
Buried in Water and Earth

Hototo the great God thinks, How much he has grown! As his son crosses the meadow, heading his way with Eytan in tow, the God cannot help but feel an overwhelming sense of adoration and love for the colt. He remembers the day of his birth well, for it was a very happy day indeed; for that was the day the Earth truly begin to sing.

The God's song did not cease, even as Hototo and Eytan neared. Closing his vibrant emerald eyes, the God sighed with amusement, as his son introduced himself. "Hototo..." He repeated, molding the word to fit into the sound which burst from every rock and tree. It was as if the entirety of the Fields were singing his son's name; and indeed they ought to be. "A fine name." He concluded after a moment, opening a sleepy-looking eye towards his son. "We've met once...But you were very young" The God paused, as the young curly-horned creature asked to be his friend. Simultaneously his heart both broke and melted, as the impact of the young colt's words utterly infiltrated his being.

Has it really been so long? He wondered, extending a massive wing to partially block the young Earth-Singer and Eytan from view of the assembling crowd. Their privacy would be shortlived, but he could prolong it at least a little. So long, that he doesn't know me? Had Ktulu never informed young Hototo who his father is? It was not his fault of course, nor was it Ktulu's; never would he blame them. Since abandoning the veins, the God of the Earth had rarely come down unto Helovia, unless beckoned...And he was now realizing, just how quickly time could pass in the mortal realm. A heaviness fell upon his shoulders like a physical weight, as he stared kindly down onto his son's eager face. "I would like that Hototo. I would like that very much." The God forced a smile, which soon became a genuine grin of adoration.

Unable to completely disengage himself growing the growing group, the God dropped his wing, but not before affectionately reaching his muzzle towards' Hototo's shoulder, meaning to gently brush it against his coat. The movement caused the blades of grass and pebbles by the colt's hooves to dance and hum in the air, as if feeling the excitement that coursed through the God.

Looking now to the engineer, the God of the Earth's smile changed from that of an adoring father, to an intrigued onlooker. He was interested by the mind of Ulrik, and all of its potential. Surely he would find the time later, to aid him in whatever trinket or project he was currently working on. Dipping his muzzle to the dark stallion, the God folded his dark wings to his flanks. "Greetings tinkerer" He spoke, his words intending to sound approving, rather than condescending. He looked then to Locket, and his grin widened. "Hello m'boy." He greeted warmly, recognizing Locket as one of the few who defended the Foothills against the Grey, and then opted to remain nonetheless. It was admirable, and he respected the horned stallion for it.

More and more they came - a mare, who he did not recognize, a pegasus of the Throat, and two stallions who vaguely resembled one another. Brothers? Cousins? And finally another Unicorn and an odd-hybrid. He couldn't help but chuckle, at how quickly they all appeared. His siblings were often annoyed with how little privacy they received, any time they stepped foot onto Helovia's soil, but Earth was glad for it, and nodded a greeting to each.

Looking to Locket, the God nodded his bi-horned head deeply, before meeting his gaze with jovial emerald eyes. "Locket. You have done much to protect my lands, and for that, you are deserving. Do one more task for me, and I shall give you what you seek." Clearing his voice, he continued: "Within your lands, you must seek a flying reptile, and a girl with a beak. Finally you must look around, and find a bear that's white, and one that's brown."

Gently his tailed lashed against his hocks, as he turns to the antlered mare, from the Basin. She asks for the ability to heal and yet....yet deep in her mind, he senses something more. "Child, speak honestly. Is it truly your desire to heal? Or do you wish for something...else?"

[darkxwater: would only be the ability to poison. She cannot simultaneously learn to heal and poison - that would require different magic. Please choose, and let me know which you would like to quest for.]

Messages In This Thread
Quest Drop #5 Earth | Water - by God of the Earth - 04-28-2013, 11:33 AM
RE: Quest Drop #5 Earth | Water - by Hototo - 04-28-2013, 12:17 PM
RE: Quest Drop #5 Earth | Water - by Ulrik - 04-28-2013, 03:52 PM
RE: Quest Drop #5 Earth | Water - by Locket - 04-28-2013, 04:29 PM
RE: Quest Drop #5 Earth | Water - by Sinuhe - 04-29-2013, 01:47 PM
RE: Quest Drop #5 Earth | Water - by Sohalia - 04-29-2013, 03:31 PM
RE: Quest Drop #5 Earth | Water - by Casimir - 04-29-2013, 04:33 PM
RE: Quest Drop #5 Earth | Water - by Kipp - 04-29-2013, 06:32 PM
RE: Quest Drop #5 Earth | Water - by Tingal - 05-01-2013, 09:22 PM
RE: Quest Drop #5 Earth | Water - by God of the Earth - 05-08-2013, 09:39 PM
RE: Quest Drop #5 Earth | Water - by Zdravilo - 05-11-2013, 01:16 PM