the Rift

[OPEN] Lazy circles

Rishima Posts: 137
World's Edge Moon Advocate
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2 :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Kali :: Common Griffin :: Draining Clutch Charks

The Dragon's Throat is a fine place to spend the autumn. For weary wanderer and curious child, it makes a haven that calls to heart and soul with unexpected splendor. Three there are who came to this place, and now one stands alone, accompanied only by the other half of a distant heart, the gryphon a blotch of joyous white against cerulean skies.

A splatter of gold and black trailed by a white line, the pair have drifted through the desert on silent wings, both delighting in the landscape in their own way. For the mare, she is home; back to the world of childhood wonder, vastness and beauty stretching out as far as the eye can see. She regrets not coming here sooner, now, for the land is familiar in a way that nearly aches; and under a different time, in a different place, in a different world, would perhaps be somewhere she might call home. Vibrant night and endless day; she wants to see it all, to feel it all, to know it all.

If she were alone, she would remain. But she is no longer alone, no longer one but now more, part of something bigger than herself and tied to lives that beat against her own. Unlike this desert, she is confined. It aches.

With the conclusion of the herd meeting I drift away, knowing that Kali will have called Kaj to follow. It is time for us to sit and speak with those who live here, to make good on the reasoning and promises behind this journey into a land sister to our own. I must admit some eagerness at the promise of speaking to Kri, or taking delight in sweet Onni's friendship: it has been too long since I interacted with those outside of the Edge.

Lithe limbs carry my form around the oasis, hooves leaving crescents in the golden sand. The desert breeze is a quiet delight, and as I lower my head to drink it runs eager fingers through my silver mane, kicking up a mess atop my poll and painting lazy circles with my tail. Beside me, Kali wades happily into the shallow water, taking the opportunity to clean sand from between feathers and toes. Against what all the expectations of her species might dictate, my little brat loves to swim, and will often drift out beyond where she can comfortably stand. Avian and feline, where the hell did amphibious come from? I laugh as she leaps through the shallows, hunting ineffectively for fish too small to fit inside her claws, wings splayed out for balance and water cascading around her small form. The amulet of the earth that we found glitters from its place around her right hind, a hidden treasure in the clear blue stream.

Beautiful, just like this place. In the shade of palms and the fading light of a falling sun, I feel content.

Messages In This Thread
Lazy circles - by Rishima - 04-28-2013, 02:21 PM
RE: Lazy circles - by Sinuhe - 04-28-2013, 03:35 PM
RE: Lazy circles - by Levi - 04-28-2013, 04:20 PM
RE: Lazy circles - by Andromeda - 04-28-2013, 06:51 PM
RE: Lazy circles - by Kaj - 05-10-2013, 03:03 AM
RE: Lazy circles - by Rishima - 05-11-2013, 12:47 AM