the Rift

[OPEN] Evil Souls Fall To Hell, Ever Trapped In Burning Cells [Knox / Open]

Knox Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 7.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17hh :: 7 Years [Tallsun] HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Jen

The fighter's deep pinked eyes narrow with a rage that burns in the breast of another soul. Each of them would have handled this situation differently in their time; now, they watch from behind shared eyes and shout loudly into one mind. Huric shakes his white-edge mane and steps backwards in visible frustration as she goes on like a fool; he bears his teeth when she insults him so blatantly. Knox, still at the center of it all, scolds his ancestors for revealing themselves so readily. He is thankful, at least, that Manhattan's urgings and his own good sense have kept his true form hidden.

As the mare draws closer, a chorus of complaint arises in the young stallion's mind. Inside, Zsoka cries once more for his own mother, seeming lost and almost blind behind the silver smoke that casts an omnipresent haze over the eyes of Knox's victims. Zekiah almost falls for the temptation, Roanne recoils in disgust. And Dovev, well... Dovev warps the hunger into something else entirely. But through it all, the only expression to cross Huric's face is one of determined diplomacy. For a time, it is maintained well.

Perhaps it is when her body collides with his, when her swollen belly brushes against him, that Knox loses control. His body shuffles through figures and then Dovev swiftly commands his own, steeled-grey figure forth. The massive stallion stands tall above Adrixaura, and as he throws himself forward, pressing into her with an unsatisfiable longing and an indelicate force, he hopes to see her stumble. Lies crafted by the thief flow like water from between Dovev's black lips, each one tailored to terrify and deceive. "If you cannot know my generosity, you cannot know my face, foolish mare! I can be any stallion I have ever known; I could be the father of your child! You know nothing of me, and you never shall," Dovev snarls, his lies nigh impossible to detect. And how could she call him on the bluff? She knows not of his acquaintances or Knox's own ancestors. As far as she is concerned, he is an ever shifting warden whose face she'll never know. "You had a chance, Adrixaura, but I see you are too stubborn to understand that I could have helped you- too foolish to recognize the deception of your beloved assassins even as it stands right beneath your nose. They will ruin you and your child, while I offered nothing but safety," he continues, tapping into Cem's commanding side just to remain sane. Dovev's twisted motives are dangerous, Knox knows this. If he wishes to keep the mare alive, he must keep the murderer in check.

Dovev advances upon her, his old and powerful body poised to attack at any moment. If only he could have his way with her, the murderer thinks. If only there were not puppeteers shortening his strings, keeping him at bay and turning his instinct to torture and defile into no more than a threat. Manhattan stands close to his side, her mind reeling with fear of what Dovev may do to Adrixaura, but comforted by the voice of her own true master and the assuring thoughts of Dovev's closest son.

He cannot hurt anyone now, Anaan reminds Manhattan. And he is right, she knows this. The just minds of Cem and Roanne, the innocence of Zsoka and Janos, the honor of Huric, the cowardice of Zekiah, and at last the wisdom of Knox himself all balance the rage of the once-mighty Dovev. Though the threat may seem immediate to Adrixaura, the mutt and her master know better.

Dovev steps backward, influenced by Roanne's disgust. "You would use yourself, and even your child, to sway me now? You are foul, Adrixaura, perhaps I had overestimated you; perhaps you are no better than the Assassins in the end," Knox remains silent, but Roanne's words slip through Dovev's more intelligible accent. What is Dovev now, other than an image of doom? Others speak through him, control him. His rage mounts, but to what?

[[May I have permission to use Knox's blinding magic on Adrixaura? This will last for as long as he desires, and may carry over into another thread. As for the birthing thread, I'm sorry to be holding you up! Once we finish this interaction it will be interesting to see how he handles her having her child.]]

KNOX and MANHATTAN

Image by Elope

Messages In This Thread
RE: Evil Souls Fall To Hell, Ever Trapped In Burning Cells [Knox / Open] - by Knox - 05-07-2013, 12:34 PM