the Rift

this town

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
If I’d known any better, I would have stayed in the shade and kept my eyes closed from the world that so often enjoyed my confusion. But of course, I chose to be stubborn and rise with the sun- another trek to the Threshold was in store. I couldn’t say that I had any particular reason for it anymore, other than the mere avoidance of the mundane, but at least it would give me a bit of pleasure when all things seemed so dim. Tamira had been scarce and I’d yet to see Mirage since the birth of her twins and I often wondered if everyone was preparing for the coming winter or was I just becoming dense? Whatever the case, I was more than eager to forget it all along with the passing trees that led me from the Edge and into the plains beyond. After all, the day was growing far too beautiful to be cooped up in my home for another minute.

Large shadows were cast out over the path from the rising of the sun and while the walk was pleasant enough, it was hard not to break into a brisk trot from now and then to stretch my stiffened tendons. That’s not to say that I’d grown lethargic while spending my time in the Edge, but more so impervious to the effects of a sedentary lifestyle. From time to time I spent the day patrolling or perhaps indulging Essetia in her childish games, but never pushing myself to expand from the ordinary. So, the change certainly felt good.

When those final steps led me across the borders and into the claiming grounds, I was more than pleased to find that my incessant searching would not have to be prolonged. No, instead I was quite satisfied in laying eyes on a large black mare with deep brown eyes not unlike my own. She appeared to be friendly enough but I could never underestimate my company because the day I did, I feared that I would find disaster in my wake.

Approaching slowly, I nodded to the girl so that she might see that I meant no harm. However, I did not allow myself to fall short any longer; I was now King of the Edge, so shouldn’t I at least act the part a bit? With shoulders angled inward and my thick neck tucked gracefully to my chest, I motioned for her to come closer. I found that such tact would (in most cases) save me the trouble of fighting the ignorance of those who did not seek my saving. If she desired a life in the wilds, who was I to stop her? But, if that were true then I would also be able to avoid the inevitable onslaught of savagery that coupled with an outcast’s attitude.

I assume you’re here to be found?” My voice was smooth and friendly, if not a bit dark with humor. I didn’t want to succumb to the formalities that often accompanied recruiting, but sometimes it was all I could do to “go through the motions.”

I’m Thor of the World’s Edge and you, my dear, are in Helovia. Is there something you seek here?

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
this town - by Hiedrun - 04-29-2013, 06:05 PM
RE: this town - by Thor - 04-30-2013, 01:02 AM
RE: this town - by Hiedrun - 04-30-2013, 09:14 PM
RE: this town - by Thor - 05-01-2013, 01:55 PM
RE: this town - by Hiedrun - 05-01-2013, 02:45 PM