the Rift

[PRIVATE] Relentlessness || Rafe

Chemical Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

I found myself in a situation, and needless to say, I still didn't know my way around this place. Somehow, I had followed my nose to a very sweet smelling scent. It was strong and compelling; just something that my wary mind could not just analyze, even with the help of my nostrils.

I also found myself tending to sleep during the day and come out when the sun began to sink below the earth's blanket. It was as if I had turned nocturnal since arriving here. This oncoming night was no different.

My sturdy body was lurking in the tree line, wings tucked tightly to my body. I was waiting for the last beam of sunlight to slowly slink away before I emerged from the cover. It was protection for right now against the sun's dying rays. Once they hit my black coat, I would stand out with ease.

The night, the shadows, and the darkness was my friend. I found comfort within these factors. My ink black pelt blended in and I could weave in and out of the grass easily without being detected. That was, of course, unless someone was being extremely observative and just so managed to spot me or hear my close to dead silent feet.

Watching the sinking sun, I soon began to think. Not just think either, but actually thinking my life over. I thought about what was important in my life. I thought about what was going on in my life. I thought about who was important in my life. After thinking a bit, I had come to many conclusions. Before I could actually think about these conclusions, I got another large whiff of the sweet smelling grass ahead of me. With that, I also snapped out of it and noticed that the small amount of light that could get through the mist, had died completely.

I slowly began to emerge from the trees, staying low to the ground. My shifty, crimson eyes scanned everywhere across the field. I couldn't see close to anything but I tried. I also took many deep whiffs of the surrounding air, trying to get a scent of anyone else. I smelt nothing besides the aroma of the grass. I then lowered my head to get a bite of these sweet smelling plants and my mouth was met with what felt like heaven. Needless to say, my ears twitched in every direction, listening for any sound. My eyes stayed looking upwards, shifting at every moving shadow. My body was in defensive mode.

"Talk" - Actions

Messages In This Thread
Relentlessness || Rafe - by Chemical - 04-30-2013, 12:08 AM
RE: Relentlessness || Rafe - by Rafe - 04-30-2013, 02:23 PM
RE: Relentlessness || Rafe - by Chemical - 05-01-2013, 10:47 PM
RE: Relentlessness || Rafe - by Rafe - 05-11-2013, 03:51 PM
RE: Relentlessness || Rafe - by Chemical - 05-16-2013, 09:11 PM
RE: Relentlessness || Rafe - by Rafe - 05-17-2013, 06:58 PM
RE: Relentlessness || Rafe - by Chemical - 05-18-2013, 11:30 AM
RE: Relentlessness || Rafe - by Rafe - 06-06-2013, 12:57 PM