the Rift

[OPEN] comets' path we blaze together [levi, aryel]

Andromeda Posts: 91
Dragon's Throat Healer
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1hh :: 5 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Lauren

Sometimes, we must all eat, should we not? Even I, preferring the kiss of wind on my wings than grass under my hooves, land and lower my head, teeth clipping methodologically at the grass so sparkling green, and slowly turning yellow. I eat steadily, knowing that soon the emerald feed will turn ugly, dried brown, and will then be buried under snow we will dig for with our hooves. Soon the pangs of hunger will set in, turn our shiny coats to hairy pelts like a rather large, unkempt bear's coat, our muscles will thin and lose toning. This time, I worry. Our herd has grown in numbers, and I fear that the earth will not be able to support our many. It is not wholly my problem, either. There is Sumati the Sinbird and Kri the Resolute, all their advisers as well. I am just a sergeant. I know Kri respects my opinion- as long as I don't become braindead and start talking before thinking, but I somehow doubt that will ever happen to me- but... I'm not sure.

I chew thoughtfully on the grass, half-noticing already it has acquired a vaguely bitter taste tinging the sweetness, and flick my thick tail across my body, shuffling my wings. One positive point to the coming of winter- at long last the trouble flies, midges, and mosquitoes who have been bugging me have dissipated as the air turns colder. In the desert, I never found we had a large problem with bug infestations to begin with. If that has to do with the salty sea nearby, ripening the air with the scent of dead fish, dried seaweed, and rotted logs, or something else entirely, I know not. Perhaps someone else would be aware of the reasonings behind these character, but I, I do not. I gaze out over the red hard-packed sand fringing the grass around the clear, crystal lake; and beyond that I can see the line of the sparkling blue sea. Around me horses talk and chatter, murmur and whisper, groom each other, but I am alone. I don't mind it. Restlessly I shift my weight, half-opening and shutting my wings, grass forgotten beneath me under the warm weight of the sun.

The sun nears the highest reach of the sky, and I shake my head, and begin grazing once more.

"Talk talk talk talk."

ANDROMEDA</style>
In blood and honor, we will prevail.</style>

image by gpabill @ flickr.com
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Andromeda excluding dismemberment and death.

Messages In This Thread
comets' path we blaze together [levi, aryel] - by Andromeda - 04-30-2013, 06:53 PM