the Rift

[OPEN] I've gotten this feeling before...

Roland Posts: 230
Aurora Basin Phantom atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: 8 yrs HP: 60.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Glo
never take advice from someone who just admitted to being devious and just confessed to treason

The Aurora Borealis danced across the sky like a ribbon of light, constantly changing as it twisted its way over the horizon in a fluid display of colours. Whenever they appeared above the crowns of mountain tops Roland would take a moment to admire them, following their movements with his eyes as they wound their way among the stars. In a place where rock and snow bleached all vibrance from the land, he found the northern lights to be one of the few beautiful things in the Basin. However, it didn’t seem like the night would remain as peaceful as the Impersonator had originally thought.

Raised voices carried across the flat stone that made the palm of the valley, shattering the peaceful fallacy and drawing Roland’s attention with the newfound silence. Recklessly, he decided to pursue them. The wind blew his troublesome forelock into his eyes as he approached, reminding him again of the oncoming winter whose arrival he so dreaded. Looking ahead, he spotted a patch of snow illuminated in the darkness and moved towards it, belatedly realizing that the exchange was not louder than necessary because the Unicorns were attempting to be heard over the howling wind, but because they were angry.

And in the end, the spot of white among the darkness was not in fact snow, but the form of a familiar friend. As Roland neared them he began to make out their dialogue, expressions of confusion and worry etched across his features. “No one is going to be pounding anyone’s ass into the dirt,” he called out firmly, casting Arielle a stony glance. The last time Roland had seen the pair they had been comfortable in each other’s company. What could have soured that familiarity? He quickened his pace until he had reached Arah’s side, casting her a brief, inquisitive glance.

Is something the matter?” He asked, turning to face Arielle. He had not been quick enough to catch the majority of their exchange, but from what he gathered there was a fight brewing, though over what he could not be sure.

image credits

Messages In This Thread
I've gotten this feeling before... - by Arah - 04-30-2013, 09:07 PM
RE: I've gotten this feeling before... - by Arielle - 04-30-2013, 09:54 PM
RE: I've gotten this feeling before... - by Arah - 05-01-2013, 06:58 PM
RE: I've gotten this feeling before... - by Arielle - 05-04-2013, 04:34 PM
RE: I've gotten this feeling before... - by Roland - 05-04-2013, 11:36 PM
RE: I've gotten this feeling before... - by Arah - 05-09-2013, 02:04 AM
RE: I've gotten this feeling before... - by Arah - 06-05-2013, 07:39 AM