the Rift

[PRIVATE] [MIDAS] This Is The Last Resort
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Midas
the one to see you through your darkest times

The boy hadn’t said much since his arrival. Thankfully for me, silence made his stay rather straightforward. Simple to guard and simple to care for. It wasn’t a blessing for him though—I could have had sympathy for this pitiful excuse of a soul, but unfortunately my heart had hardened to that matter. Those sealed lips would eventually part—breaking truth. Levi and I took turns watching over him; a duty that was made easier with the help of endless expansions of land separating our guest from the north. It was simple to spot a black and white dot frolicking across the dunes—and wisely the oversized brute decided to stay put.

That wasn’t to say my family was treating the stallion badly, despite his sins—we showed more mercy than perhaps his own kind might have given. Offering ample food and water at the very least; all the comforts of home—or well…most of them. I had just returned from a morning of patrols, eager to enter the sanctuary or as we call it, ‘Oasis’. Cooler temperatures made hard work more pleasant, but it was always nice to have lunch with Cera under the shade of our old magnolia tree. Catch up on the day.

Overhead I flew above the waves of sandstone; this limestone bowed like a great auditorium. It was where we met for council meetings, and herd gatherings—it was also where the basin stallion was being kept for the time being. Since, our desert currently had no holding cells or prisons. I noticed him among the rocks from about a hundred feet up. Feathers shifted as the breeze stroked each primary from underneath. The bend of my wings closed until the distance between us started to lessen. I glided down and choose to land on a slab of stone, about twenty or so feet above where he stood. The clicking sound of golden hooves striking rock echoed through the empty common place.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
[MIDAS] This Is The Last Resort - by Crash Course - 04-30-2013, 09:45 PM
RE: [MIDAS] This Is The Last Resort - by Midas - 05-01-2013, 10:59 PM
RE: [MIDAS] This Is The Last Resort - by Midas - 05-06-2013, 09:29 AM
RE: [MIDAS] This Is The Last Resort - by Midas - 05-06-2013, 09:38 PM
RE: [MIDAS] This Is The Last Resort - by Midas - 05-10-2013, 09:04 PM