the Rift

[PRIVATE] [MIDAS] This Is The Last Resort
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Midas
the one to see you through your darkest times

He wasn’t going to talk in a way that was useful for either of us—that much was obvious. For a moment I thought there was an intelligent flicker behind those much older eyes; but then it was extinguished. Without the same polite manner he responds, “I guess I was just in a bad mood.” had he been in a rotten enough mood to hurt another? To kill another? This brute spoke as if such a thing was normal, natural even. Something similar to anger flashed behind my eyes, a spark of hate for his manner of thinking. Just as quickly that it came, that same spark vanished—only one paying close attention might have noticed the minuscule change.

An old wound still tingled. Remembrance of a blood stallion with similar desires; he had nearly destroyed Cera—and myself in the process. Quietly I answered, though the softness that had previously entered my tone was gone—instead the vocals felt cold, “You would take a life simply because you are having a bad day?” It was a notion that made my heart grow stiff—without the value and morals that we held. What set us apart from demons? From dumb witted animals? My lord came to mind in that moment of silence, directly after I spoke—“it takes more strength to forgive than to hate.”

How right my father was. It would be so simple to bend down, call upon anger and smite this fool—smite all the fools even (before they could reproduce and make more). But it took control and discipline to withhold hate, and instead try to love. A task that I doubted our prisoner could boast having even sampled. One breathe at a time, one moment.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
[MIDAS] This Is The Last Resort - by Crash Course - 04-30-2013, 09:45 PM
RE: [MIDAS] This Is The Last Resort - by Midas - 05-01-2013, 10:59 PM
RE: [MIDAS] This Is The Last Resort - by Midas - 05-06-2013, 09:29 AM
RE: [MIDAS] This Is The Last Resort - by Midas - 05-06-2013, 09:38 PM
RE: [MIDAS] This Is The Last Resort - by Midas - 05-10-2013, 09:04 PM