the Rift

[OPEN] In the dark a lady awaits day

Sinuhe Posts: 38
Dragon's Throat Mare
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.1 :: 3
Roo
I'VE WALKED A MILLION MILES FOR YOU, BUT I'M STILL ALONE

Now I knew that even the desert nights were cold. You would expect that, with each day being fresh with new heat, the nights would keep the warmth in them. But they didn't. It was cold. Horribly cold in fact. I stood on the sand, at the bottom of a large dune. The moon hung lazily in the sky. No stars were out tonight. It was a plain black sky with just a huge silver dot in the middle. The sand was cold under my hooves. Normally heat was trapped in the sand so at night it felt strange. As if I wasn't even in a desert any more, but a wasteland.

I smile to myself. My eyes were gently shut and my muzzle raised in the air, towards to moon. Its gentle rays shed light on my face and part of my neck. I open my eyes, reviling a beautiful shade of blue gems. There is a shine in them. A tear shine. A happy tear shine. I don't know how many times I had thought it before but I was glad, more then glad to have a place to call home. And one as grand and beautiful as this? It felt good to be part of.

I shake my head, bringing it down from its highly held position in the air. Without my head turning I slowly take a look round at home. I wondered who else was out there and if they was anyone who appreciated this land as much as I did. Also, was there any foals out there? Or creatures that would be classed as an 'other'? There was so much opputunity out here, despite it just being a desert. I snot. then turn by back to the moon so that the wind wasn't blowing in my face. I breath in deeply, smelling the warmth, and the light, that was soon going to dawn on the land.

And exhale.

The road ahead had never looked grander then now.

SINUHE
IMAGE CREDITS

Messages In This Thread
In the dark a lady awaits day - by Sinuhe - 05-01-2013, 04:09 PM
RE: In the dark a lady awaits day - by Africa - 05-01-2013, 05:25 PM
RE: In the dark a lady awaits day - by Sinuhe - 05-02-2013, 11:35 AM
RE: In the dark a lady awaits day - by Africa - 05-02-2013, 08:25 PM
RE: In the dark a lady awaits day - by Sinuhe - 05-03-2013, 02:57 PM
RE: In the dark a lady awaits day - by Africa - 05-03-2013, 04:04 PM
RE: In the dark a lady awaits day - by Sinuhe - 05-04-2013, 06:36 AM
RE: In the dark a lady awaits day - by Africa - 05-04-2013, 02:14 PM
RE: In the dark a lady awaits day - by Sinuhe - 05-04-2013, 03:50 PM