the Rift

[OPEN] In the dark a lady awaits day

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven
[Image: afri_zps12e4f1bf.png]

The ghostly mare turned towards Africa suddenly; the salt-licked breeze curling a new path, billowing now up from the dapple greys rear perhaps betraying her approach. Her neatly pointed ears tipped forward cordially in reaction. Her eyes were more open during the shadow hours, with enlarged pupils whose ability to penetrate the darkness was aided greatly by the soft glow of unhindered moonlight. This horse, seemingly clothed in a frosty winter-white, was an easy silhouette to trace against the sombre desert emptiness, though the horn growing from the mare’s forehead was only seen when her face tilted through the vague rinse of light.
The horned horse closed the remaining distance dividing with small, delicate steps that would never match Africa’s elegant, swinging strides. When they stood more closely to one another, the young mare saw that her company was considerably smaller than she; both in her petite build, and lower stance. Regardless, a quietly unassuming smile found purchase across her thin black lips.

An unclear expression, presumed by the gullible Africa to be the shape of a smile was noted in return, and her guess was validated when the stranger’s warm, friendly voice melted through the silence afterward. "Well, it's good to meet you Africa. I am Sinuhe." A sigh of relief slipped from the mare’s broadened nostrils, and the readiness flanking her body with hesitation relaxed. There was only a brief pause, not enough to cause awkwardness, and Sinuhe spoke again. "You live here? I have only joined recently."
A light, museful chortle murmured, deep within Africa’s throat, and she tilted her hoof casually to rest, rocking the bulk of her weight left. “I do Sinuhe- well met.” She tilted her face thoughtfully for a brief moment, inwardly settling the suspicion whose remains dithered as faint prickling across her withers. “Welcome to the Throat, sister.” A obligatory salutation, for they were brethren now indeed. Piercing the privacy of Sinuhe’s space with the friendly reach of her twitching muzzle, Africa assured their union with a cheerful nudge. “How are you finding everything? If I can help in any way, do let me know.” She withdrew her gesture graciously, and peered good-naturedly at the unicorn.

"Thinking. Speaking. Acting."

Art by Nevada
Table by Ghost

Messages In This Thread
In the dark a lady awaits day - by Sinuhe - 05-01-2013, 04:09 PM
RE: In the dark a lady awaits day - by Africa - 05-01-2013, 05:25 PM
RE: In the dark a lady awaits day - by Sinuhe - 05-02-2013, 11:35 AM
RE: In the dark a lady awaits day - by Africa - 05-02-2013, 08:25 PM
RE: In the dark a lady awaits day - by Sinuhe - 05-03-2013, 02:57 PM
RE: In the dark a lady awaits day - by Africa - 05-03-2013, 04:04 PM
RE: In the dark a lady awaits day - by Sinuhe - 05-04-2013, 06:36 AM
RE: In the dark a lady awaits day - by Africa - 05-04-2013, 02:14 PM