the Rift

[OPEN] In the dark a lady awaits day

Sinuhe Posts: 38
Dragon's Throat Mare
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.1 :: 3
Roo
I'VE WALKED A MILLION MILES FOR YOU, BUT I'M STILL ALONE

I was smaller, both in build and height, but that did not bother me one bit. I was sure that there were others out there that were smaller, a whole lot smaller in fact but since when did a few hands make a difference? Never. Nor did a smaller build make a difference. To be quiet honest, I enjoyed being this high. I was still quiet tall, and I was quicker and lighter on my feet. As she did I rest a back hoof on the sand in a relaxed way.

Her name, Africa, I was sure it wasn't usually used as a name for a living soul but in fact a country. She seemed nice enough though. “Welcome to the Throat, sister.” Was everyone here considered family? My own, old kin had always considered all as family, even the new borns and the oldies, the mean and the to kind. We were all one. I had already have the idea that this herd was closely knitted and that was a good thing. Maybe they also considered themselves as 'one'.

“How are you finding everything? If I can help in any way, do let me know.” The words went along with a gentle nudge. The gesture was small, kind and meaningful. Her words were as such to. I knew she had defiantly been here longer then me now, long enough to be able to help others. "Thank you Africa. I am glad I came here," Then, with a shake of my head I say: "And not go back to the Basin. To be perfectly honest, they disgust me and I have only been here a week or so." I didn't know if Africa had met one of there oh so loveable racists. Though I'm sure, if she had, she would of got her fail deal of crap from them. "I wonder what it would be like to live there..." I say, a curious tone in my voice.

SINUHE
IMAGE CREDITS

Messages In This Thread
In the dark a lady awaits day - by Sinuhe - 05-01-2013, 04:09 PM
RE: In the dark a lady awaits day - by Africa - 05-01-2013, 05:25 PM
RE: In the dark a lady awaits day - by Sinuhe - 05-02-2013, 11:35 AM
RE: In the dark a lady awaits day - by Africa - 05-02-2013, 08:25 PM
RE: In the dark a lady awaits day - by Sinuhe - 05-03-2013, 02:57 PM
RE: In the dark a lady awaits day - by Africa - 05-03-2013, 04:04 PM
RE: In the dark a lady awaits day - by Sinuhe - 05-04-2013, 06:36 AM
RE: In the dark a lady awaits day - by Africa - 05-04-2013, 02:14 PM
RE: In the dark a lady awaits day - by Sinuhe - 05-04-2013, 03:50 PM