the Rift

[OPEN] [Finished] A learned fool is more a fool than an ignorant fool.

Voodoo Posts: 231
Outcast atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: Eight :: Birdsong HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Ouija :: Arctic Fox :: None Nevada

I had not been here long.. really, I hadn't been here more than a week, but my mind urged me to venture past the Basin every day. Well, more the voices rather than my mind. It seemed that my brain never had a say in anything anymore. The voices taunted me when I did something they disapproved of or beckoned me to do more. It was always a lose / lose situation, I never had a way around it. The Basin had been friendly to me so far, it's cold environment was open with wide arms, though I had yet to meet many of its members. I sat alone, watching the herd from afar, learning who was who through private talks. Each unicorn had been quiet, not saying a word to me yet. Descaro was the only one to speak to me, and we had met once, at the Threshold.

My thoughts were interrupted by the rythmatic pulsating of hard hoofs clanking off of nearby solid ground. Red eyes that danced with the reflection of the far too close flames flicked up from the dryly vegetated earth, spotting a gray Pegasus mare moving swiftly over the ground. I watched her with red tipped ears pressed forward, my interest climbing from the depths of my brain. What the fuck does she think she's doing? The growly voice emerged from my head, making me almost jump, as if I had never heard it before. If only that were the case. I sighed, my unnatural colored eyes following the feathered female as she ran. The natural, deep hate began to brew deeply in my chest, igniting a natural flame that I had inherited from my father and his father. Why couldn't I have been more like mother? Look what soft-heartedness got her. Dumb bitch anyway My ears pressed back at the next voice, causing me to sneer at what looked like to anyone watching, nothing. "Shut the fuck up!" I warned them, as if I could actually do anything that wouldn't harm myself.

The dappled mare seemed to stumble on something, becoming somewhat cautious before diving into the deep grass. The solidness of her body stood out like a sore thumb against the dry, golden sheen of the waving grass. My lungs were full of the thick, soiled air; had been the whole time I had been lurking in this hot territory. It didn't seem to bother my organs after a while. It was barely even noticeable at this point. The mare moved on steadily as if she were on a mission. I had to see where she would end up. My limber legs moved my body through the dehydrated grass easily, creating enough noise for me to be noticed quite easily. I wasn't hiding.

Nearly stocking the female stirred the ignited flame in my belly, creating a satisfying chemical to flow through my veins. Not exactly an adrenaline rush, but possibly the beginning of one? My nostrils flared, taking in every bit of oxygen that I could scrounge from the dense air as we neared the source of the living nightmare. Smoke rolled into the sky, thick and black, creating a clearly visible smog over head. Again, what in the fuck does she think she's doing? I raised an eyebrow, hidden beneath knotted forelock, agreeing with my third voice.. No, not my voice, it's voice! It did not belong to me, not at all! I paced the mare, keeping about a fifteen yard distance between us.

EVERYTHING YOU'RE RUNNING AWAY FROM
IS IN YOUR HEAD
[Image: 5389e9aca8b63]
Please tag him in every post!

Messages In This Thread
RE: A learned fool is more a fool than an ignorant fool. - by Voodoo - 05-03-2013, 12:03 AM