the Rift

by the light of the moon | open

Reverie Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Reverie ,
behind the cloud with its shadow, is the star with its light

I remember this moment distinctly: the moment in which I first found Helovia. The pungent fragrance of others horses was potent in the air, dancing persuasively in my flaring nostrils and coercing the continuation of the steady cadence of my hoof falls against the crisp grass below me. The compelling essence of magic drew me in much like a moth to flame: enthralled, curious, the impulse too effectual to deny, and as habitual of me, I found myself unable to withstand the irrepressible urge. Plus, I had no where else to go, no home to return to, no loved ones that yearned or mourned in the absence of my presence. I knew not what had become of my mother, and my father, well, we were never exactly close. Therefore I had nothing to inhibit by wonderment.
      The moonlight was kind to my physique, illuminating the shallow furrows of my muscles as they flexed beneath my star-speckled skin with each influx of movement. My wings were folded delicately atop the sloping contours of my back, resting, relaxing, recovering from the flight I had alighted from merely moments before. With eyes of molten gold surveying everything around me, I proceeded unknowingly into the Threshold of Helovia, entirely unaware of what I might find in these unacquainted parcels of land, though, quite honestly, I hadn't cared

Messages In This Thread
by the light of the moon | open - by Reverie - 07-20-2012, 02:00 AM
RE: by the light of the moon | open - by Mirage - 07-20-2012, 08:12 AM