the Rift

[OPEN] It's gettin hot out here
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo

Life still wasn't looking up for me. Things were just getting stranger and stranger. I knew I was famous back home (it kind of comes with being a Prince), too, but these were not the lands of my family — so why did I keep meeting those who knew my name here, too? And why could none of them help me? Mauja they called me and Mauja I am, but I don't know their faces, and no one knows how to get me home. So why do they know of me, if they don't know of my lands? Of the way to glory?

I sigh, and lower my head to lip at the grasses. I seriously should stop doing it. I filled my waking hours with eating, this grass which was ashen in my mouth, and dreaming of home, of Morgan, of mother and father and the court, and ate more. And more. And more. I didn't dare look at my reflection in the tinkling river anymore, afraid that it'd show in the curve of my barrel.

It probably did.

I sigh, again, and swallow the glob of green in my mouth, before movement pulls at my attention. My head snaps up, peering out across the drying, fading thistles (my handsome coat is starting to grow rugged, and I hate it), and then I see her. Surely she's a god-sent warrior to get me out of here, for why else would she be so beautiful?

"Hey!" I croak, setting off towards her. "Over here!" Even with a few pounds I should lose I am graceful, my gait smooth and flowing; for a moment I am tempted to run, as she had, to feel the wind through my mane, but in the next moment I think better of it. Princes didn't do that; Princes participated in artful dances and dangerous duels. I snort to myself and keep trotting, the dying vegetation bowing before my pale knees. The nights were getting colder and I hated that, too, but what am I to do about it? I can't find the way back.

Bright-eyed, I arrive next to the pale beauty, and offer her a dip of my head. It would not do for me to be rude. "I- err..." And suddenly I find my tongue failing me, as I peer at her, and a frown creases my face. What if she wasn't here to find me..? "Good day," I finish lamely, feeling quite un-princely.

Mauja the Frostheart</style>
            Bleeding</style>

image by slalit @ flickr.com
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Messages In This Thread
It's gettin hot out here - by Sinuhe - 05-04-2013, 01:53 PM
RE: It's gettin hot out here - by Mauja - 05-05-2013, 08:43 AM
RE: It's gettin hot out here - by Sinuhe - 05-05-2013, 11:31 AM
RE: It's gettin hot out here - by Mauja - 05-06-2013, 05:04 AM
RE: It's gettin hot out here - by Sinuhe - 05-06-2013, 10:56 AM
RE: It's gettin hot out here - by Mauja - 05-06-2013, 03:39 PM
RE: It's gettin hot out here - by Sinuhe - 05-07-2013, 11:18 AM